Logitech G29 "fix" for digital clutch (on-off)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paco572, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I was reading somewhere the clutch will only work like a button, "On" or Off" in rFactor 2. I have solution you can try that worked for me and got my clutch working as it should, like the gas or brake. If you select the Logitech G29 Profile in game you with not have a working clutch (thats how it was for me the first time I ran rFactor 2 with the new wheel), instead select the G27 or G25 profile. Test the clutch, once you have it working, then rename the profile to, for example to: "My G29". Then you can edit the "My G29.json" in "controllers" folder with "notepad". This is what worked for me. I was also able to make lots of changes to my FFB settings in this file. For example: the FFB maximum strength in nM for the G29 is about 2.2nM to 3.2nM so I read. I think I got my wheel working good, not as strong FFB as my old G25 but the G29 is smoother and I feel more effects.

Hope this little contribution helps this great community,
    Giving something back for the help I got, (l.e.d.s on my G29)
    THX
    PACO

2. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

analog clutch is working with my g29 but it didnt a while ago... a new rf2 installation or the new Logitech software made it work again i cant remember which one fix it.