Next Session/Finish Session AI time issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BoothJoe, Jun 4, 2017.

1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I noticed this the other night running the DX11 beta USF2000 at Barber. I captured the pole and watched in Standings as all the other drivers posted a qualifying time. I then hit the Finish Session button and went to the race. When the race started on the grid I was in 24th position...not the pole. After some experimentation at Barber and Indianapolis, it seems that if you press Finish Session or Next Session during qualifying, the AI runs as though they were at a higher percentage than what is set in Session Settings. I did this to test: I set the AI to 85%, 12 laps qualifying and started qualifying at Indianapolis. I sped up time and watched as the fastest car did a 1:36. I restarted the weekend and did qualifying again at 85% AI and after they had run about 10 laps (fastest lap was a 1:35), I clicked Finish Session. When the standings screen updated, it showed all the AI running nearly 10 seconds faster per lap (1:25) The same thing happens if you click Next Session during qualifying. If you let time expire, everything is okay.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's your answer :) as in the other thread just below this one this isn't a bug as such, you need to let the AI finish the session properly in order for them to set a time, skipping the session means a generic time still be set which may well be "wrong".

Let qualifying run it's course or time accelerate to speed it up to allow the AI to set proper times.

3. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Interesting. I hadn't seen the other post and I searched because I thought it might be an old thing. It seems kind of silly to have a "Next Session" and "End Session" button then, doesn't it, because it only ends the session for you? I have no problem accelerating time. I guess I've always done that in the past and just never noticed what happens if you stop abruptly.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well those options have been there since 2012 so you'd have to ask ISI why ;)
    New UI coming soon so we'll see if they stay or not :)