Multiple monitors plugin

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Balzer, May 2, 2017.

1. Balzer

Balzer Registered

I'm probably too demanding, but I'd like to see a plugin made by studio397 like softth that works with current directX. No harm in asking. :)
    Thanks for the hard work

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Why? New hardware does this much better.

3. Balzer

Balzer Registered

Because it's useful for non matching screens and it works on vga too. Maybe there's a better solution than that? I don't have much knowledge

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I'd asume you simply config your screens properly with the driver config in windows? Softth can't do proper MultiView anyways.

5. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Carl alt = still works on dx11 I just used it.

6. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

ctrl alt =

7. Balzer

Balzer Registered

Thanks, I'll try when i get back home in few months.

8. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

@WiZPER, I don't think you're really understanding the use of SoftTh, although I may be wrong.
    When you're running three identical monitors, Multiview is the way, but with any other monitor setup, Multiview does not work.
    In that case, SoftTh is (was) the way to go.
    I use SoftTh for my dual-monitor setup (one center-screen and one on the right, with different resolutions). This worked perfect for me.

Softth is not available for DX11, so I'm a bit worried there is no solution for me in the future

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

So you are telling me that Softth can be used for rF2 to render real MultiView? Otherwise I understand just fine.

10. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I don't think SoftTH can do multiview (ie. render 3 different viewpoints so you can place monitors at an angle). It simply renders a bigger "flat" plane as far as I know. So you can only use it if you have all your monitors in a flat plane. But we are not going to build SoftTH for DX11 if the creators of SoftTH are not even going to do that.

11. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Not sure what you mean by 'real MultiView'.
    When running SoftTh, I think you can use Multiview, because SoftTh 'fakes' that you have tripple screens, even if you don't.
    Using MultiView didn't work for me correctly because I have different resolution/aspect ratio.
    I just setup my monitors in Softth (.ini-file), including resolution, aspect ratio, monitor-borders, offsets, etc. You then have to manually set the FOV in rF2, which you can easilly calculate for your position/monitors.

Edit: are you saying I can configure my two monitors using Nvidia Surround (or something else), and then make use of 'proper MultiView'? If that's a sollution, that would be great

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  12. Comairis

Comairis Registered

SoftTh is a good program and I have the latest version that applies to DX11 as well as DX9. That said, there is no better Triples setup than games own config file because the adjustments allow for any triple configuration being used to be properly setup due to the detail input for height, width, eye distance, side angles and bezel gaps ( all in metric measurements ). Probably the only con would be the necessity to adjust side monitors with pixel adjusting to match all three monitors, but when racing you hardly notice any differences between all the screens. I do not use any additional video cards either just what my computer system provided me...Sony TV 32" center and 2X 21.5" sides. rFactor 2 did a great job on this subject I would say.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  13. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

What version of SoftTh are you using, that works for DX11?
    And do you have SoftTh running in rF2-dx11, or do you mean that it is availaible for dx11 in general?

14. Comairis

Comairis Registered

Lenniepen the version I was using is Soft TH V3.00 X 86 alpha by born2beflyin which I had running on rFactor 2 DX11. I do not remember where I downloaded from and tried to do a test download again to give you the site but today I could not find the download site...it was a past search day and I just lucked out..I guess. As I stated I removed Soft Th and went to rFactor 2 confiq because I did not want my triples or game to get in a tangle with all the Beta downloads/updates etc. Hope this helps you and you will just have to search the web until you find the V3.00 to download. Good luck.

15. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Thanks! I think I've found it:
    https://github.com/born2beflyin/SoftTH
    I'll give it a try. I have a seperate Steam-install for DX11 so I can mess around as I want :)

16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wasn't it the case that older gen nvidia cards couldn't do triple screens with different sizes,but the newer cards now have no problem doing so,so softhq is no longer needed

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  17. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I'm running a dual-monitor setup, using Softth:
    [​IMG]

As far as I know, this is not possible with rF2-multiview.

18. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

@Comairis. Can you maybe explain how you got SoftTh v3.0 working in DX11?
    I had a look at the files, but can't figure out how to use it, since the folder don't contain any .dll-files.
    I also don't know how it has to be setup in rF2-DX11, since the file-structure in the Bit64 folder is different.

Additionally, in order to be able to use Multiview (so without the use of SoftTh), I think I have to set my Windows desktop to one single resolution (instead of multiple screens), like Nvidia Surround. Is that correct?
    I tried using Surround, but it searches for a resolution possible on both screens, with different sizes/resolution. This results in a resolution of 2560x1024, wich is not really usable.

Also, I see the Multiview HUD ingame has options to setup screens with different sizes, so it might be possible I think.

I have the following monitors:
    - center 24''@1920x1080
    - right 20"@1680x1200
    - left 42"@1920x1080 (optional, this is my TV)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  19. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Has anyone found a DX11-solution for dual monitors?
    I've now switched to DX11 with the last update, since I have to at some point, but I've now lost the ability to use my second screen, as shown above.

It seems possible in Assetto Corsa, which is also DX11, haven't read/tried if this would be possible for rF2:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=376066431

Edit: tried SWRE (Simple Runtime Window Editor), but I can't change rF2-resolution to fake triple screen. SWRE just stretched the one screen image.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018