Kart oversteers into itself, VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TF22Raptor, May 26, 2017.

1. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor Registered

Hi all,

I tried the Kart mod tonight and I think it's the best feeling kart physics I think I've come across in all the games I've driven (might be a touch slow on the low end though/takes a fraction too long to come on but not bad), only issue I am having is that I get too much tip oversteer when you turn the wheel a bit too much and the kart pretty much instantly spin/turns over itself too much.

If I can fix that I think it would be awesome.
    In the game it picks my Thrustmaster T300 wheel up as 187degrees.

The other issue was I did feel a bit sick (which is unusual for me in VR) but not really surprising considering it's quite a fast kart going around corners quickly with high grip, the ill handlng probably contributed and possibly the fast bumps which I liked because that is what a kart feels like when going on rough surfaces, but that feel probably contributed.

I'm only new to Rfactor 2 also, any help would be great

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I tested changing some settings and im no good at knowing how to fix those things, but i couldnt get it to not oversteer like crazy. It really has awesome physics (like the rest in rF2) but the super easy oversteer spin in the corners made me not drive karts. Ive also heard a lot that it IS easy oversteer spin in real karts so... Not sure mate.

3. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

Raise the rear ride height. It needs to be at least two clicks above the front. That'll solve the wild instability at least. Still you do need to drive these a lot to get into a groove. Maybe use your own steering degrees instead of vehicle set too

Alex72 likes this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

For starter try to set the kart steering to "slow" in this way it is less responsive to wheel inputs. Another thing you can do is soften the bars so the chassis is less stiff. This should tame the kart. Another option is to use the wheel like it should be, so not like a car, but with little "parkinsons" like movements. :D remembering that turning a kart mean make the rear inner tire scratch the track or get off the ground, so, when you turn the wheel the kart transform itself in a triange with the touching rear wheel that push to turn it on itself, more throttle, more angular velocity, more wheel input+more throttle = spin.

Alex72 likes this.
  5. guga_cyr

guga_cyr Registered

Alex72 likes this.