A working clutch? Please we need it

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlackGoku, May 22, 2017.

1. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Hello, another think I am been thinking about is the clutch.

As you know, the clutch in rFactor 2 doesn't work as it should in the sports or normal cars.

iRacing, Assetto Corsa or Automobilista has a working clutch that you have to push when going to change the gears while in rFactor 2 isn't neccesary.

I hope the developers will listen to me and they will make it in the future because it is very important for the physics.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

It doesn't work ?

Are you sure ?

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Another one in the tech forum meant for the wishlist forum @BlackGoku ?

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

He obviously expect drivetrain modelling to simulate sequential gearshift mechanisms, electronic features as downshift protection. Gears/ gearbox/ clutch leading to failure if consistently misused or abused. Turbo modelling, boost / push-to-pass and energy recovery systems. Realistic TC and AB.

You get the glue?

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

6. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

You are right, those things add more realism to the simulator. But we could start just by having a clutch that needs to be used in order to change the gears. If that happens, we are having a better simulator.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Keep in mind, that whether clutch needs to be used or not depends on a transmission as well. Even in 90s some cars with h-shifters did not needed clutch to shift.
    While I am all hands for deepest simulation, I am glad that rF2 simulates engine stall, so while no gearbox damage is in yet, at least we have that :)

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    patchedupdemon likes this.
  8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Louis and demerzel like this.
  9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes with with the dog leg gearboxes which is from 70`s and drive train modeling is needed to simulate it popper. :(

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yes i know @Ari Antero but my trust in development has come back.
    Till now s397 kept their prommises and Marcel said they look into it wich gives me confidense

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You know when I asked about SMP support in Discord answer was that majority don`t own hardware which has SMP support but S397 is going to look in to it which makes me to believe that SMP support is never going to happen.
    When only majority has the priority my question is how many real race drivers and sim racers there are in rF2 ? When I read S397 forums I get the feeling that majority are gamers who don`t care if we have realistic drive train modeling or not.
    I have always had best hardware that money can buy but never got popper FPS to have descent game play in rF2 and I have been waiting years to get realistic drive train modeling but it seems that guys like me don`t get much priority but I am still waiting and hoping that perhaps in some day .................. :)

marmagas and Eddy like this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Ok now you have confirmed your just a troll,iracings clutch is a joke.you can't even stall the engines for god sake,pls just go play the other games instead of trolling here

Navigator and kimbo like this.
  13. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

+1000

When? How? Why not now?

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Can you elaborate a bit more? What will be different if properly implemented? I am just curious, not picking up or anything.

BTW even with road cars you can shift into 3rd or 4th almost without clutch, so pCars/Dirt Rally attempts to prevent that shift are, entertaining :)

15. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

And now you have confirmed you are just a motherfucker fucking sucker idiot.

If you think its real to go with a Citroen C4 changing gears without having to use clutch... then you don't know a fucking shit about cars.

I think you are just a child of 13 years who didn't drive a real car in his life.

Well, I drove real cars because I am an adult and they have something called clutch that you have to push in order to change the gear.

16. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Please, BlackGoku, watch your language.

Back to topic:
    Are you positive, that you don't have "automatic clutch" enabled ?
    Besides that, the old "grinding tranny" plugin could still be working in rF2, so you might want to give it a go...
    :)

17. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Mechanic here for almost 20 years,miss the count how may times i have drive cars whitout clutch from customers,if you know how a clutch works in a real car you dont have sayed that ;)
    Is possible to ENGAGE any gear whitout press the clutch if you know how to drive.
    Is bad for the gears?Yes,but that is not the case here since is a virtual world.....
    I dont know enough english to explain better tough :/
    Just chill out :)

patchedupdemon and David Kolody like this.
  18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

What am I missing? Looks exactly the way rF2 is today, aside from no damage/grinding.
    One needs to have autoclutch disabled and starter button asigned, and series without stall protection.

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

And this looks also like rF2/No heel&toe.