ffb improvment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gp20, May 21, 2017.

1. gp20

gp20 Registered

Hi,
    i feel that the ffb is not correct while in curb or straight line.
    I'm using a CSL and i can feel bumps and things like that but not the G-force and tyres that should have an influence in curb and straight line.
    Actually only two parameters in the wheel are active, FFB strenght and the ffb force which in fact are redondant.
    If i set the strength to 0 there is no ffb and idem for the force. If i increase the parameter then i get the same effect with both parameters, in fact they act in the same way.
    The spring parameter has no effect in straight line. The spring parameter is there to increase the force that take back the wheel to the center.
    This force happens in straight line and is more pronounced with speed. With the csl i don't feel that it is correct at all. It is always the same.
    Then there must be a force applied to the wheel in the opposite direction when you drive into a curb. This force is related to G force. So in curb you should have to maintain the wheel with your hand in order to avoid understeer due to this force. It's not the case and i feel almost no force.
    Because i can't make any correction to these forces with the fanatec and i only feel bumps i think that there is something wrong with the ffb.
    Assetto corsa is not perfect but i can feel a force during curb that tries to push the wheel in the opposite direction.
    I think the ffb needs an update with an algorithm that takes care of lateral G force.
    When lateral G force is null you have to take care of the speed and increase the resistance of the wheel according to the speed.
    When lateral G force increases you have to increase the one that try to push the wheel in the other direction compared to the curb.
    My 2 cents.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@gp20 I think something is wrong with your wheel settings, or in rF2, probably will need someone with the same wheel to check your settings.

But just to clear something up: when you say 'curb' do you mean 'corner'?

3. gp20

gp20 Registered

Yep, i mean corner.

4. gp20

gp20 Registered

Tested now with isi formula 2012.

CSL settings :
    ffb strength 40
    ffb force 100
    spring 100
    damper 100

Rfactor settings :
    ffb multiplier 1
    smoothing 0
    car set

I drove the car and ffb force does not change in the center zone going from 0 (pit) to 220 km/h.
    It's not normal at all. The force should change with speed. It should be strong then decrease and increase with speed.
    In fact it stays the same in curb or in straight line.

5. Valosh

Valosh Registered

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Spring won't do anything unless rf2 supports that setting,I think,I just drove the same car and I feel ffb in the corners,that's with a t300 mind you,I read somewhere that your wheel hasn't got a profile yet in rf2,maybe that's got something to do with it

7. rer8

rer8 Registered

Consider starting here for help and understanding.
    Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" :D

8. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 FFB already outputs the raw forces from the steering arm. It's actually very simple how it works, there are no faked forces. Everything comes from the physics engine. If it doesn't feel right, then it's more likely that the car is not built right or your wheel isn't configured correctly.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  9. gp20

gp20 Registered

Interesting.
    What car should work so?

Formula2 2012:
    _ not ok though i have a nice rumble when i brake

ISI formula 2012 :
    _ not ok and no rumble when i brake, the force is stronger then the formula2 2012 but remains the same
    _ marussia model same thing, with less force

Enduracer alpine signatech :
    _ not ok and no rumble

Formula 3.5 2010 & 2014:
    _ not ok but rumble when i brake.

10. Uff

Uff Registered

I had a similar problem, but it was related to Windows Creators Update: as written on Fanatec discussion board, you need to uninstall and reinstall their driver in order for the base to work properly again (at least, this is something many users reported).
    In my case, while driving with rF2 I always had a sort of incredibly high spring effect that basically prevented me from feeling anything. Curious fact, once in AC that resistence went away and even rF2 was fine, while if I started immediately rF2 I had the problem. After uninstalling and reinstalling the driver my problem was solved, so if you have W10 it might be worth a try.

11. gp20

gp20 Registered

Thanks i will try that.

12. gp20

gp20 Registered

It works, now i have rumble with the formula ISI 2012 when i brake and the force changes with the speed.
    I check the other games and they all work with the speed.
    I think it's incomplete.
    As i said they should take care of the G Force. It's strange to go into a corner, lower your speed, and feel suddenly your wheel weak, it should not.

They should have a kind of equation like that : Center Force = A x Speed + B x G

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

creators update has screwed something in the ffb ? fanatic brand only ?

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not sure about Fanatec profiler but I would use the option that doesn't altere rF2 output. Usually this means reducing damping and stiffness to 0%.

MaD_King and Emery like this.
  15. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

T500 here working fine. Am loving the Microsoft gaming DVR option in Creator. So easy to capture on screen VR. Hope the Fanatec issue gets sorted for you soon

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

moving video with sound?

17. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

The lot! You can even have your own voice if you have a mic. First impressions are very good. Just hold down Windows key together with ALT and then press R. Repeat to stop the record. Its all saved to your videos folder under 'captures'. Very good quality too. BIG files though. I did a 50 lap race around Indy. 6GB file size.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  18. gp20

gp20 Registered

Yes. I thought that something was wrong with the driver because sometimes it did no recognize the wheel and i was not able to access to the properties.
    But i would never have figured that it has changed something ingame because all seemed to work fine except there was no rumble there and there and constant force in RF2.
    Now all is fine again.
    Uninstalling was a bit tricky because there was a fanatec service still working and it blocked the new installation.
    I had to stop the service, used ccleaner to clean the registry and installed again the driver.

19. gp20

gp20 Registered

I tested all games and there is only one that take care of corners, it's forza apex.