[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I gave the BMW a go.
    Unsurprisingly, the general handling character of the car has remained as it was but the "floaty" feeling has been significantly reduced, to the point where I believe it is no longer an issue.
    You can still feel some extra inertia present to what one is used to from other heavy tin tops but it is much easier now to accurately position the car rather than yank the steering wheel towards the corner and let the car swing, hoping your best guess at the entry point was good enough.
    It is mostly at quick direction changes that you can still feel it.
    So this is a great update to what was a high quality mod with great content for endurance racing but one that was let down by the handling characteristics of the GT3 cars.
    I can already see this one becoming a lot more popular now and I can't wait to race these cars.
    Of course, this is just my personal opinion, there were raving reviews for the mod ever since it came out.
    I prefer to judge for myself though.

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

got fps drops around silverstone with 20 of these. Running ultra everything but s397 cars run ok. Still inertia ffb issues. Cars feel like they should be in ac

best looking cars in rf2 Vo!

3. Edu

Edu Registered

There is a small bug in the bmw replay, does anyone else have it? bug bmw.jpg

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I tried some cars, i think the inertia issue is almost resolved. These cars imo just need more rear downforce, i have to do the most understeering setups possible with huge rear wing angles to avoid unexpected oversteer.

5. RoWo

RoWo Member

You mean this?
    20170520220935_1.jpg
    Crazy, isn't it!?

DaveS78 and demerzel like this.
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It's the lens flare shader. It's not needed anymore with DX11 post effects. It's possible you'll see this at other mods too.

It's not a quick fix to remove these from all the cars and fine-tune the headlights for post effects glare. But I'm sure it's on the. EnduRacers To-Do list. :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  7. Edu

Edu Registered

8. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep. Saw it with some other mods,too.
    But still looking forward to downloading it.

9. gp20

gp20 Registered

Ok thanks, i had 18 Go in this folder.

10. gp20

gp20 Registered

[​IMG]
    The car that does not want to be blur.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Champ or league admins can control whether cockpit view is mandatory or if other views are allowed. They cannot control the seat position a driver is using. The only way to avoid abusing from cockpit view is restricting available seat adjustment range.

That's the reason why it was being asked to show some screenshot describing the problem when using available range. They are not denying your claim.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Some headlights are also kind of green in night time

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly thanks for the update great work team, secondly I drove the Aston Martin yesterday at Barbagallo and clipping the curbs the car literally took off. It felt very odd, I was getting right up high on two wheels more so than any other car I've driven there by a long way. I know the curbs at this track are big (see profile picture!) but to me it felt overly dramatic in the Aston, to the point even the slightest touch would send the car skywards!

14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, we notice that, but it was not possible to adjust this in short term for the patch. In parallel we work on the integration of CPM Tires and will lead to improve the global behaviour of the cars. But it was not enough mature to provide this for the patch too.
    So in the future this will be improved.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Excellent thanks for the reply @MaD_King :)

16. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Great work.
    This is going in the right direction.
    Thanks guys.

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

is there a way to reduce the pull on the wheel when cornering at speed?

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It is exaggerated on my rig, too, while at the same time the steering near centre is too loose. The difference between initial turn and tighter turn angle is a larger difference in force that would be expected.

LokiD likes this.
  19. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thanks EnduRacers team. Fantastic improvement in the mod. Driving the RSR around Nordschleife last night
    and WOW! Soooooooo much fun. I was so annoyed I had to go to work today, could have driven all night. :D
    Bravo...

Grey likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In VR (Rift) with the BMW (10 & 11) there's a Graphical Glitch in the Housing area around the TV Screen in low light conditions (PP Effects Off), it sort of flashes depending on where the Sun is. Happened on two tracks one of which is DX11 Standards so it suggests it's a car issue, changing Player Detail didn't solve it.