Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

"Horrid looking shadows...", what does horrid shadows look like? Shadows look very good on my end. I assume you've deleted all of files in the CBASH and SHADERS folders?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Although i agree about version numbers! Just stating car and year doesn't really help, adding a simple v1.6 beside isn't too hard or much to ask, is it?
    Shadows look perfectly fine on my end but in DX9 i quite often had black blocky shadows everywhere but have not experienced this in DX11.
    5xAA(DX11) looks alot (like heaps) better than the x4 i had from ingame in DX9. I previously Had to use inspection to force extreme AA to have anything that look smooth but with just ingame AA (DX11) i have pretty much the same result but with transparent trees (again) in some mod tracks.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Shadows are shimmering and a bit flickery. They generally stick out like sore thumbs compared to the rest of the graphics, which are nicely smooth and improved compared to DX9.

I'm the only one with suspensionless Brabhams?

4. Emery

Emery Registered

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does your mod manager not work anymore?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

When the dx11 version is put on is the old version taken away?

7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Interesting developments on my Aorus X5 after the last few updates. Big improvements in the FPS for me. Going from about 20 to 45-50 which for me is fine. With a bit of fine tuning I should be at about 60 which is good enough. I am running at the default 3k resolution of the laptop. HD causes the game to run in a window for some reason so I haven't tried much connected to my monitor yet :)

Outside view is still a bit jerky but it all seems to depend on the car(s). As I mentioned previously the Enduracer cars are quite processor intensive but the URD or Studio 397 content seems fine. Medium to High on post processing is a nice compromise.

It still looks much "richer" compared to the DX9 version.

My only request at the moment is maybe some sort of filter for the showroom. I usually bounce between this and Photoshop when doing bodywork designs and the cars look very bright all the time. Thinking about it, is there an ambient light option in a data file somewhere so I can tone it down?

Studio 397 are doing a great job so far, well done guys.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

There is identified issues on the DX9 version of the Endurance Series when used on DX11. This will be fixed soon.

Andrew Harper likes this.
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Hey, ok cool. I'd read about the imagery updates but didn't know about the other issues. Looking forward to the update.

So far so good though :)

10. gp20

gp20 Registered

Last update improves the replay.
    Not more fps but less stuttering in both mode, full screen or small screen.
    Higher fps in the dashboard.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think there may be issues with the showrooms, they might need to DX11 compatible to just like the content needs to be.

Andrew Harper likes this.
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks--just bad luck then that I picked a malfunctioning car as my first test after being away for a while.

But what of the shadows? I know we are not supposed to use graphics card profiles, but I thought I would try nevertheless. In my case, they do not work anyway, so I cannot even test to see if supersampling would cure the problem, as it always did with the DX9 versions.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Why would anyone need to do this? Versions of stock content should be clear and idiot-proof. That's why we have Steam. If there are multiple versions, they should be handled automatically. Apparently that is the case. Brabham 1.8 is the latest version; the prior one was removed automatically; but it has a programming problem that is being fixed.

If you have to run buried .exe files and fiddle just to use stock content, rF2 is dead.

peterchen and CamiloNino like this.
  14. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Which settings are the most optimal for a computer with an i5-6500k and a GTX 1070ti using dx11?
    And what should I do with nvidia inspector?
    Thanks

15. philman

philman Registered

Beta dx11 works better and better. It is a pleasure for the eyes. Thank you to all those involved.

buddhatree likes this.
  16. argo0

argo0 Registered

Last update runs much worse for me. Higher peaks of fps but lots of big drops causing stuttering.

17. Comante

Comante Registered

I appreciate the rate at which updates are released, yes, some update damage the performaces of some user, or cripple this or that, but the trend to me is positive. Without counting that this is a open beta, we were warned that things could not have been smooth, and we accepted this risk. Despite having a reserve GPU for the moment, I'm still happy about RF2 in DX11. Things are much much smoother than with DX9 version. Even when I had the good card, and could run past 100 FPS, things were not so smooth to me. I don't know, but to me now is smoother even with just around 40/50 fps (60hz monitor).

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Assuming 1920x1080 resolution, drive with PP = Medium and AA = Level 3. Standard rF2 advice: don't bother with NVidia inspector. Adjust shadows & detail to match your desired fps. If you're watching a replay or getting screenshots, turn up the settings.

FPS Considerations For Races (*)
    Most fps-hungry of the updated opponents are Cobra, GT2 Corvette, & Clios; least hungry are the FR3.5, Howstons, & BTCC Honda. Most fps-hungry cockpit by far is the Cobra and least fps-hungry cockpits are the GT2 Corvette, DW12, & Howstons (haven't checked latest updated content yet for cockpits).

Most fps-hungry of the updated tracks are Atlanta Motorsports Park, Mills Metro, Indianapolis, & Monaco. Least fps-hungry tracks are Plam Beach, Mores, & Silverstone.

(*) As measured with triple monitors 5860x1080, single GTX 1080.

Daytona 675 likes this.
  19. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Sorry, 2560x1080..

20. Emery

Emery Registered

So in theory you'd be about -30% fps from what I'm thinking you'll have. Start with my suggestions and see where you end up. Worst case is PP = Off, detail, shadows, & reflections turned down, then turning up PP for replays. Let us know how it goes!