XBOX Controller for Windows

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DocHelm, May 18, 2017.

1. DocHelm

DocHelm Registered

Unable to assign buttons to my XBOX Controller, even though the game says controller detected. A wheel and pedals is not an option for me. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Is anyone able to play this game with an XBOX 360 Controller?

2. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Hi DocHelm , I don't use an XBOX controller but I'll try and help .
    Can you tell us some details like...., you are a new rF2 user or have you used it previously? and........ are you using the BETA or standard version of rF2 ,
    ....Has your controller worked in the past ?

Can you find your .PLR ?
    Thanks.

3. DocHelm

DocHelm Registered

New to rF2 and how do i find out what version I purchased from Steam? My XBOX 360 Controller works on all other driving/racing games.

4. FS7

FS7 Registered

The first time I started the game I had that problem, my Xbox360 controller was connected & detected by the game but I couldn't assign any buttons, same happened last week after I deleted my player.json file. Exiting the game and starting again solved the problem for me.

5. DocHelm

DocHelm Registered

I will try restarting the game and see if I can assign buttons. BTW, how does this controller do with rF2?

6. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Have you tried to save a controller profile yet(even though it doesn't work..) ?
    If not , try saving the controller profile to a unique name , something like Docs , then try and map some buttons .

7. FS7

FS7 Registered

Default controller setup sucks, but once you find a good setup the game plays fine.

8. DocHelm

DocHelm Registered

Thanks for your help FS7...I just restarted the game and was able to assign buttons to my XBOX 360 controller...worked fine in my first race, but I have to do something about braking and steering sensitivities. Thanks again for the help...gonna take lots of practice.

9. FS7

FS7 Registered

Controller settings can vary depending on playstyle, I'm more of a smooth precise driver, these are my controller settings:
    Steering deadzone - 20%
    Steering sensitivity - 50%
    Steering rate - 40%
    Speed sensitivity - 60%
    Vehicle set - no
    Steering wheel range - 300 (open-wheel), 360 (all other cars)