DX11:issue(DynamicSuperResolution)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by A.Driver, May 4, 2017.

1. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Ryzen 1500x @ stock using power saving
    Asus B350 Motherboard
    16GB (8GB x 2) RAM 3200 @ 2666 DDR4 (NOT Qualified Vendor List)
    GTX 970 FTW @ stock PCIe-3 x16
    Monitor No.1 BENQ 24"Z 144Hz @ 100Hz 1920x1080
    Monitor No.2 Viewsonic 19" @ 60Hz 1440x900 using Extended Desktop , BENQ Primary .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rF2 OK @ 1920x1080 'Fullscreen' and 'Windowed' mode .

rF2 @ 2715x1527 using nVidia DSR factor x2 , the game screen fails to be contained within
    the primary monitor during 'Fullscreen' mode and 'Windowed' mode results in Defaulting to
    an un-editable 1920x1080 resolution .

Note: When I activated DSR and higher resolution , I set AA to zero .

Many thanks for the (future) updates !!!

2. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Just for info , this issue is not resolved yet .
    Thanks .

(EDIT)
    Also, I tried running at a lower resolution than native on my primary monitor (@ 'Fullscreen' setting) and the game runs in a small window instead of being stretched to fill the screen.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

"10/5/2017 : Build ID : 1813052
    - Full screen mode
    - Gpu and Video VSYNC working in DX11

4thworld, Today at 7:01 PMReport "

Unfortunately , this update has NOT resolved this issue .
    Thanks .
    EDIT:
    Skyrim CAN contain the game within the primary monitor when using a resolution larger than the native resolution , so it appears to be an issue caused by rF2 .

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  4. gp20

gp20 Registered

idem with amd vsr. Of course it was working with dx9.

5. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

After the latest update the game IS being contained within the primary monitor when running in 'Fullscreen' mode , but the UI fails to scale correctly (no biggy) .
    However, when running the game in 'Windowed' mode the game still FAILS to be contained within the primary monitor , but the UI scales correctly .
    The game looks great and runs great (no stutter , solid FPS etc.) , i'm not using PP for now . Many thanks!

6. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Edited title to lessen confusion
    Thanks .

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I am also having issues with nVidia DSR on a single monitor (1080ti) and can no longer use it. I have tried both Windowed & Full screen mode. I either receive a black screen on startup in full screen mode or an oversized UI in windowed mode and then when I hit ALT+ENTER which can resize the UI and I receive the black screen again. I believe the custom 0,0 resolution in the config_dx11.ini maybe the cause of this therefore I tried the following.

WidescreenUI=1
    WidescreenUIWidth=1920
    WidescreenHUD=1
    CustomVidRes=(3840, 2160)
    MinimumVidRes=(1920, 1080)
    MaximumVidRes=(3840, 2160)

This helped the UI horizontally however vertically is was overstretched. As i could still see the race tab i decided to see if my 4K DSR resolution was being used. I put 100% smoothness on in nVidia control panel to ensure it was easy to see if it was working as this should make the graphics very blured & soft. When entering a racing session there was still the stretching issue & it was messing with my FOV and no blurred picture which suggests to me it ignored the 4K DSR resolution.

This was not a problem prior to dx11.

Last edited: May 29, 2017