DX11 Beta - No fullscreen mode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CamiloNino, May 2, 2017.

1. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I noticed today while testing G-sync that it only works in my system if I enable it in windowed mode, but it doesnt work if I only enable it for full screen mode.
    Also while testing different settings, I noticed that if I run the game at the same resolution than my windows desktop, it appears to be running in full screen mode, but if I lower the resolutions it just appears smaller and pinned to the left top corner, with whatever I had opened in windows in the background.

This is what it looks like if I try to run it at 1080 on a 1440 desktop:

upload_2017-5-1_20-14-22.png

I think the game is never fully engaging full screen mode in my system, that would explain this and the G-Sync issues.

My system:
    i7-6700k
    GTX 1070
    Nvidia driver 378.92
    Windows 10

Attached Files:

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Similar problem here. I used to downsample from 4K to 1080p, but now I only see the top left corner of the 4K image. As CamiloNino says, rF2 doesn't seem to be engaging fullscreen mode.

3. Ronin Hammer

Ronin Hammer Registered

I too have problems with Fullscreen not working, and it causes Crossfire to stop working as well as it needs to run in fullscreen to activate the 2nd GPU.

4. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

After the last updates there is progress but it is not completely fixed.

When I start the game it is NOT in full screen mode, it is still pinned to the top left corner in what I think is border less windowed mode. But now if I alt+tab out of it and then come back, then it engages full screen mode.

upload_2017-5-12_13-52-59.png

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  5. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I think I spoke too soon....

The above screen capture was from the first time I ran it after the update, and it happened as described above.

But now it works properly every time I launch the game. Maybe the first time it does some initializing?.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is difficult to trace the behaviour but it occurs the same to me. If you switch video settings you will be able to force the left-top pinned window again.