Simultaneous multi projection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hangon, May 11, 2016.

1. hangon

hangon Registered

This should mostly interest exsiting triple screen users...not sure if you all had seen the unvieling of the new 1080 pascal card..
    of coarse I knew i should have waited,just bought a 980ti approx 4 months ago.I knew the new cards were coming out..probally be faster..but the one feature
    that makes a huge diffrence is the Simultaneous multi projection.There is not alot of information I can find yet,but if this feature will be in new software drivers
    and work with the 900 series cards then I'll be happy.Also,will it be less gpu intensive than RF2 multiview??? Yet to be learned. I also like to drive in Raceroom,
    which does not have any multiview and that has been my biggest pet peeve..stretched image on outer monitors...this will in sense fix that!!! Big news and improvement.

https://youtu.be/acIe1vlpd84

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm very, very curious about this as well. Seeing as they do the tasks multiview normally does on the hardware end of the pipeline, they apparently get tremendous performance gains.
    Also it is out of ISI's hands in theory, not theirs to worry about anymore, except maybe for older type cards. Have ISI investigated this technology yet or is this a bit early for this type of wishful thinking? :)

3. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

Any news about this ? DX11 is there now and this would be very helpful for tripple screen users :)

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

From what I've heard over on iracing,where smp was implemented a while ago,it only works with 10series cards,but at the moment restricts the fov from 179 to 130