Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I simply opened the steam workshop, and ordered on newest first (I believe it's called "most recent"), and than saw content from Studio 397 before the latest I had downloaded ;)

bwana likes this.
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Noticed that the BTCC Honda Civic (one of my favorite cars until now) got updated. So I tried it on some (updated) tracks.
    As much as I loved the car, it is almost undrivable now. The wheel pulls (sometimes violently) left and right when there is no reason for, the FFB seems to be a complete mess. I asked for help on Steam, hopefully I get some response. I made no changes to my wheel or FFB...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FFB feels fine to me, same settings as previously used only that the car is 1second slower! (documented elsewhere).

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Strange. As far as i Know These cars just got a shader update.
    Did you change the car setup?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I saw your comment on the Steam Workshop screen for the BTCC Honda, but I could not find any way to respond there. How does one leave a comment on Steam's workshop screens?
    What I was going to say, was the car updated to v1.3 apparently, but they did not indicate if this was a dx11 graphic update or other changes. I would like to see some sort of clarification when a track or car is updated so that we know it has been dx'd or new tires or new inertia...something so that we know what was updated.

Marc Collins and F1Aussie like this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Nitrometh and mike.m like this.
  7. mike.m

mike.m Registered

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Really looking forward to :

-Historic tracks & Spark going dx11
    -New UI
    -Rain & certain effects being looked at too

Exciting times !

Tony and F1Aussie like this.
  9. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I just tested beta better today... and i just can say WOW.

For me It works perfect. I miss the new UI and stuff, but DX11 works better than DX9 for me, is this OK? I usually had to lower environment refelctions and AA to get +80 fps, and now I can literally max all (except AA, to lvl3) even Postprocessing and get 70-80 stable fps.

NOLA + USF 70-80 in race against 5AI.

Specs (old PC with a good graphic card):

-GTX970.
    -i5 2320 (no K).
    -8GB RAM...

Just in external cameras and replay mode it drops to 35-40, I think It's OK since there is a lot of pp, would like to see improvements here but for me now It's perfect, i will test VR later (I guess i will have problems, anyway i can race iR perfectly smooth and high settings with Oculus DK2)

Eddy likes this.
  10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Sounds like inverted FFB!
    In controller.JSON try:
    "Force Feedback":{
    "Steering effects strength":10000, ----------> if it´s positive like this try -10000, if negative try pos.

11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

I have driven the previous model without even changing the setup (as far as I can remember) and I really liked it. I made no changes in the setup for the new version either. So it riddles me what is going on here.
    I just read the changelog in the link @MarcG posted. Don't know if the issues come from there (or that anyone else is affected), but this is definately not the same car I'm used to.
    When coming out of the pits it felt like the FFB was reversed, but on track that was not the case, just more or less violent behaviour in one direction or another at random !? A tendency to heavy understeer too (which the previous had not).

Edit: I tried to reverse FFB (though I did not feel that was the issue) and all hell broke loose LOL. Quick back to normal.
    I'm on Fanatec V2, higher FFB and adding minimum (like someone said at RD) did not really help. I unsubscribed, re-subscribed and the car felt a bit different than before. Still not up to the feeling of the previous one though. I set the FFB a bit lower, FFB min at zero and it's driveable. But the good feeling hasn't come back (yet)...

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  12. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Yeah, that too... :rolleyes:

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

When logged in, there is small window under the item. You can react there.
    Seems another guy had the same feeling about the 'new' car.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

tires go light during a long high speed turn and have more grip feedback on a straight. Does 'seem' backwards.

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

For me too i seem to get better performance in DX11 now. I upped shadows to medium (from low in DX9) and i have road reflection on (off in DX9) and of course post processing effect is on low (not existing in DX9) and so with those 3 higher/added compared to DX9 i get a bit better FPS in DX11 compared to DX9 with lower settings. I saw ~60 around pits to about ~90FPS on track. I didnt have a lot of cars around me so i have to test that, but all missing atm is vsync working because even with 90FPS its stuttering and not fun to drive. But its going in the right way i think.

jayarrbee36 and Ekimelyobo like this.
  16. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

I'm really happy, fantastic the new update , Great job guys , I am very satisfied ;):);)
    The many efforts they make for us , and resolved by AMD problems as well , awesome ;););)
    Keep it up ;););)

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Sorry if i missed it but was the indy cars when updated for DX11 also updated in physics? It seem to be weaker in FFB around center than before and when i up min force i get sort of a "knick" when passing center wheel as i steer from left to right and vice versa because the force goes away when coming nearer the center wheel and then comes on strong on the other side again. Feels like it was more solid before. Maybe its my imagination or just a freak FFB thing when i tested. Anyone else that can test and see what you think?

Also, what is "aggressive threading" in the video options of the launcher? Is it for Intel CPU's or SLI thing?

18. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not reversed FFB. What you are describing is the self-aligning effect due to the front-wheel drive of this car, which is to some degree realistic. You'll notice that when you go through a corner without using throttle at all, then your wheel will feel normal. For some reason this self-aligning got quite a bit worse with the latest version, making it difficult to keep the car on track unless you lower the FFB multiplier. The other thing you can do is lower the caster, it's quite high in the default setup and contributes to the self-aligning effect of front wheels.

19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

I'll try lower the caster, thanks.
    About the feeling: I am driving an Audi TT, while my wife used to have a Civic, so yeah, I do know how FWD should feel. But it does not feel like that now (it did in the first version of the Civic though). It is highly exaggerated in this version. The Clio is far better in doing this atm.
    Btw: I did lower the FFB at first but that resulted in me being very bad in taking corners, because I oversteered too much, which obviously made the rear end stepping out. So back to normal FFB strength. ;)

20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Oh yes, now that you said this!
    There where hot discussions on forum back when that car was released! Not again please! LOL ;)