[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are you sure that you set new checkbox option to "Un-checked"? (default for new championships is "On/Checked") It works for me... Not sure why not for you at the moment.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Ahh it works now, lol I missread it, sorry.
    Thanks very much man, I know I flood you with requests lol, sorry :D

3. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Hello Guys,

I found a bug with one of our drivers. He is shown twice in the table.
    Is there a way to manually put them together?

(using the latest version)
    upload_2017-4-26_15-19-43.png

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is there anything different for that driver in the races the result got split?

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Roy, most probably this player has trailing white space in his player name in one of those time periods and no trailing white space in the other.
    You can see trailing spaces by opening log files in some text editor and looking for this player name in <Name></Name> tags. You can correct his name for all Qualy and Race logs with faulty name in text editor, then press "Refresh" in r2la and it will pick up the changes.

Or, instead of text editor you can use r2la "Clone-Edit" feature like this:
    1. In Results Viewer select some Qualy/Race log with this driver, press "Clone to edit".
    2. Select cloned (marked in blue) file. Press "Edit", then press "Edit" for player in question and remove trailing space(s) from his name, save changes.
    3. You`ll have to clone/edit all Qualy and Race logs for this driver with faulty name. In Championship Manager re-assign cloned xmls instead of previous non-cloned ones.

So, maybe text editor method is easier in this case. Because you have a lot of races where his name is different and cloning all of them can be a lot of work.

6. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Thank you for your reply Nibo, going to try it soon :)

7. uklad

uklad Registered

Got any idea why i get the following when pressing on the results teb

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 22, in index
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Are you sure its happening when you are pressing "Results Viewer"? Because "Records" can give this error, not "Results Viewer"...
    Was it working before?
    Looks like there are no track records in your r2la at the moment. Do you have some logs with your fast laps in Results Viewer? Maybe r2la didn`t find your name on first start?

9. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

Just crashing this thread to say how incredibly useful this is and how much I appreciate your work Nibo.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Jake, thats good to hear that its useful, thanks.

I added one more small fix and uploaded it as version 2.055.2, if anybody need it:
    • Fixed an error when using team championship and "Use class pts for overall team standings" option.

Roy Verzijl likes this.
  11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Nibo, I have a question regarding the xml file titles.
    Example: 2017_05_06_02_34_52-78R1
    No prizes for knowing it's the date then the time but what in the world does the 78 refer to?
    The only 78 found in that file was two listings that were part of lap times, eg: 31.078, obviously nothing to do with the xml title.

I can only imagine it is something hidden in plain sight and I will once again realise why the "Nibos" of the world (bless 'em) think nothing of doing 12 years of school then more years of university so they can produce such clever programs only to have a construction worker who left school at 15 ask what is probably a question not worth asking..:rolleyes:
    Should I now have a beer or a rum?
    Now that is a question that I don't think will be hard to answer! :D

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats ISI`s files, so thats their naming convention, they know for sure. I always thought that last number was milliseconds. Just more precise part of that file creation time. :)

ADSTA likes this.
  13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Well seeing as ISI so rudely skipped town I suppose it can be whatever we want it to be. ;)
    They obviously aren't around to say otherwise. :rolleyes:

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

S397 know it too, of course. I wrote ISI because its the same for all rFactor1 based sims.

15. evi

evi Registered

I'm looking into using "championship manager" feature to track championship for few friends. Is it possible to have qualification and race on separate days and add it as one "race event"?

16. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I am using this great tool for quite a while now for my private server however I have never succeeded in getting the Championship Manager to work.
    Can someone give a simple explanation on what to do to get this working ?

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

evi, you can manually edit qual log to set its DateTime tag to race log`s DateTime, then press "refresh" in r2la.
    Step by step:
    1. Open your race.xml and qual.xml in some text editor.
    2. In race.xml file look for first <DateTime> tag, its on the line #9 usually. Copy its value, it is a number. For example, 1493886032.
    3. Paste this number into the same <DateTime> tag in qualy log, substituting old value.
    4. Save qual.xml. In r2la Results Viewer press "refresh". Now this qual log should be connected to race log.

ceecee, what exactly is not working for you?
    1. Press "Create championship" button on Manager page.
    2. In creation form fill-in at least your championship name and select some PTS preset or fill-in some points if you have custom PTS system in mind. Set other options if you need. Press Create button.
    3. You`ll see your championship page. Press "+" button to add races to your championship.
    4. After you have at least one race created, select it and press "Assign race result", select race log file for this race.
    5. Continue creating races and assigning results for them.
    6. There are many options, they are mostly self explanatory. Ask questions if you not sure what some of them do.

18. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi Nibo,
    Thanks for the quick reply, I did not know about the Press "+" button to add races to your championship.
    I have remade a championship now and it works.
    One question, because we race multiple times on a track weekend before we move to the next track weekend, can I only add 1 race to the results ?
    Many thanks for the help and the great program :)

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

20. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks, I will install it now.
    What is the best practice for upgrading the program, copying it over the previous or is there an import old settings button ?