Simcommander 4 Problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Clemenca, May 4, 2017.

1. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Since the dx11 beta update Simcommander 4 stoped working, maybe a Simcommander problem, maybe problems with the plugin...

2. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

No problem with simcommander for me

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

not sure why but I had to change the game executable path setting in simcommander.
    Before it pointed to steam.exe and the rF2 app id. I changed the path to rFactor2.exe .
    If it's the same in your case you can see this because simcommander shows something like game not installed or something similar.
    Not sure if this was caused by the dx11 beta or the simcommander update I installed short before.

just my two cents

4. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

I star ok but when I change the track o car the simcomander 4 stop to work. I have to éxit and come in again.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

hm ok. nut sure about that. i will check that tomorrow on my system. did only some short tests so maybe I overlooked this behavior.

6. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

hi guys,
    little improvment, now i can use simcommander when i drive with dx11, i just changed the patch from steam to rf2.exe... it works fine without VR, when i turn on VR, the game even dont start from the first menu to ingame VR menu... but i think this is an other problem, becaus i have this also without simcommander..

7. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Now it also works with VR :)

8. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

Functioning works (SimCommander) ... but FPS are less stable.
    Without SimCommander you have granite FPS (Impressive fluidity)

....Who could be the guilty ??

My system:
    msi X99 GodLike Gaming | i7 5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 | NVIDIA Titan X Pascal 12 GB G5X |EVGA SuperNOVA G2-1300Watt | Triple Benq144Hz@5760X1080| Windows10 Pro | AccuForce Pro| ClubSport Pedals V3 EU | Monkeydriver Gaming Tank | DSD Track Boss

9. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Maybe we need an update for Simcommander plugin... i also fight with fps stableness, but my system is also a little bit smaller than yours::

Fanatec CSW V2 • Universal Hub • OMP Quadro/Solberg Carbon • Heusinkveld ProPedals/Seq Shifter/Handbreak • 4x Sinustec BS250 • Fame Quad 4150 • Simetik Rig • Sparco R333 • Oculus Rift CV1 • Astro A40 Tr Headset • I5 4670K @4,2GHz • Titan XP • 8GB DDR3 1600MHz • Asus Z87-K Mainboard • Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD • Corsair RMX 750 Gold Netzteil • WIndows 10 Pro

10. Magus

Magus Registered

I've not tried rf2 without the simvibe plugin. Is there a notable difference in fps when the plugin is removed/disabled? Maybe someone should start a thread on the simexperience forums if they have actual figures?

Clemenca likes this.
  11. Magus

Magus Registered

Okay i've just done a simple screenshot of FPS recorded on MSI Afterburner whilst racing in Clios on SIlverstone in VR. In both conditions I started 15th, all variables were the same and I progressed from 15th to 1st in 6/7 laps and then stopped.

[​IMG]
    No Simexperience Plugin Installed

[​IMG]
    Simexperience Plugin Installed

As you can see, less stability in the 2nd once with fps dropping to 45fps more regularly. Needs more testing and it would be good if other people tested too as if it is a problem with the plugin then maybe if we all presented our finding over at the simexperience forums we could get something done. I will carry on testing when I get another chance.

Clemenca likes this.
  12. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

Nice work Magus ...I have to say that the problem also appears on AMS (Automobilista) but this is another story
    I would say that everyone is going to the simexperience forum and subject the problem

Greetings to everyone

Clemenca likes this.
  13. Magus

Magus Registered

@Tr51, just posted on the Bug reports

Clemenca and Tr51 like this.
  14. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

hi

I partially solved:

I have uninstalled rF2.
    I did a clean installation with only DX11 material
    ... Now everything is perfect, stable FPS, no stuttering :cool:

But the simCommander plugin does not work properly ..... I think it's still in DX9

(But at least everything runs as it should !!) :):)

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Make sure your SC4 is using right .exe path

Mine is zero problems
    I use SC4 for both motion & x4 simvibe buttkickers

16. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

With Accuforce wheel, SC4 must pass from the "Launcher" path
    But I'll try ... thank you for the advice

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In SC4 my game exe is set to the launcher.exe and the wait on is set to rfactor2.exe

18. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

No it does not work!
    I tried to change "path"

19. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

Same here

But the SC4 Plugin does not work well in rF2 DX11_beta

(in my case)

20. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

I'm in the same boat here, copied the ddl to the bin64 folder, SC does know when RF2 starts or ends but it's seems it is not listening to the game.
    If i don't manually add RF2 under the configuration tab on SC, it doesen't find it on it's own.
    I added RF2 manually , set the steam.exe as game exe and manually added -applaunch 365960 -silent and wait for rfactor2.exe , tried to tick and untick "watch for this game bla bla"..
    After doing that , SCis able to find RF2 as a new game to add the button at the home screen.
    Opening Steam, then SteamVR, then SC, then Rfactor2 (either from steam or simmcomander) and SC sees when the game is started but shows a "!" mark in the plugin check instead of the normal check sign.