AMD OPTIMIZATION??????? DX11

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by fran, May 1, 2017.

1. Trevor Greenfield

Trevor Greenfield Registered

• I have a R270 2GB, Xeon E31245, 16GB ram, SSD, testing in 1080p/60hz Windowed, plugins disabled
    • Testing using Silverstone & F2000 with 15 AI
    • I did not use a clean install,
    1. Verifying Found 2 files
    2. Deleting shaders and cbash seemed to make a big difference in fps for me, now getting a ton more FPS
    3. Going from PP none to ultra killed 50% fps. PP kills FPS in Assetto too so I always have it turned off, I accept this as a problem with an older card with only 2GB of ram.
    4. Set AA to 1, then 2, everything else at minimum/off still have usable fps in cockpit view, 90+ FPS
    5. Setting Detail sliders to Full halves the fps to about 50-55 in cockpit, decreasing to High gives 5-10 more FPS. I would imagine this keeps going until you get to minimum which is where I was for the 90+fps.
    • Also with minimal settings, changing from no shadows to low (no blur) drops FPS to 60-63.
    • Changing from Windowed to Fullscreen makes no difference in FPS
    • Changing from 1080 to 5912x1080 for my triples lowers the FPS to 45-50 cockpit
    • Adding Multiview drops it to 30fps
    • I also renamed my Player.JSON to PlayerBackup.JSON and it created a new Player.JSON. This added a few fps.
    • Still bugged - The video window in the UI drops to 8 fps when Standings is clicked. But when you click Garage or settings, FPS comes up to 90+.
    So basically, as it is, DX11 offers little for me than the basic lighting because PP is not even an option, it would murder FPS. Only if I turn off shadows and set everything to minimum/off and if I restrict to 1080p, then I can get playable (90+ FPS).

Also, AMD profiler doesnt work with DX11, no way for me to override any settings or use the overclocking. It does work in DX9, but typically makes little difference for me from the in game controls.

So, to give a straight comparison of DX9 to DX11 testing is also now impossible as now that I have gone back to DX9, my Silverstone is gone. It's subscribed to, but it will not show in game. Other steam users are reporting this issue as well.

Verifying found 2 files again, and I deleted my shaders and cbash and deleted the player.JSON.

But here are some other notes from DX9, this time using Matsusaka as a test track (notoriously high usage on fps for me), same F2000 cars.

• Everything set to low/off, AA2 = 130+ FPS cockpit
    • Bug still exists, change from standings to garage/settings and FPS of preview window goes up 30-50% FPS
    • Change to 5912x1080 60hz, no multiview, drop to 60-70FPS
    • AMD Profiler now works to override.
    So, from my perspective, I believe we're talking about a 40-50% drop in overall FPS to switch to DX11, with no other options being turned on and at minimal settings. Now I need to figure out how to get Silverstone (and possibly other tracks) back.

2. 4thworld

4thworld

Hi Mate,
    check the latest patch for the beta and let us know

3. BullyUK

BullyUK Registered

Hi 4thworld, wanted to say thanks first of all, its now playable :D looks great, but will take a while to tinker with settings.. i have a race tonight so will switch back to dx9 for that...... but the only problem i have in dx11 is with multi view which others have pointed out, by switching it on i lose 20-30fps. its not the end of the world at present, but it is handy! thanks again..;)