Can't rotate view properly in VR (HTC Vive)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by bigboss, May 4, 2017.

1. bigboss

bigboss Registered

Running into a bug with ctrl + space, which doesn't allow me rotate the default view for gameplay or menus in VR.

2. davilonmogollon

davilonmogollon Registered

The same thing happens to you. The menu and the game is looking back, and it is not possible to center the view. If anyone knows how to fix this problem I would be very grateful. Sorry for my english, I use the google translator.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you try re-running the SteamVR room setup?

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Weird, I've heard of this before, but as a new Vive owner and VR-noob it worked right out the box for me, have no defined room-scale just set it up for 'sitting'.

If you set it up for room scale where it tells you to point in away from the screen you'll obviously have the direction reverted.

5. bigboss

bigboss Registered

Thanks for the advice. I was able fix this by flipping the direction of my play area in room setup to point towards my racing rig vs my screen (which are on opposite sides of the room).

This works fine as a workaround but this seems broken in the game since I've never had to adjust my (pretty large) play area for a game. Asseto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Project Cars and iRacing handle this adjustment. The games adjust the view on launch to the direction the user is facing and also when using the hotkeys to recenter your view.

The game is running great in VR now!

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    WiZPER likes this.