Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. FS7

FS7 Registered

Being able to adjust options individually would be great imo.

F1Aussie likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

My guess is, that people select Build v1108 instead of "NONE" in the beta tab. I did it as explained in the news and had zero issues.

After some more testing I made some interesting investigations: I tested the C6R GT2 at NOLA (again alone on track) with night lighting (config A I think) at 10 p.m. and clear weather and it was running at solid 135 FPS without any issues with quite high settings compared to my previous test runs on low settings with the FR3.5. I even had the PP set to high. This gives me the impression that some settings have allmost zero impact on performance and some settings affect it heavily. I am not even sure if the weather and the new clouds aren't causing issues on my system aswell aswell.

After the C6R I gave the GT500 a spin in the same setting and it felt less smooth. I think I will investigate that stuff a bit more. NOLA at sun set is blizz btw. Looks incredibly good to drive into the sunset and see the sky with all the stars coming up and the floodlights are a thing on their own. Makes just watching replays a real enjoyment. If that gets a standard for night racing we are up for a treat.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Just out of curiousity:
    Wasn´t it stated at some point that (old) mods will be usable, regardless of what DX-version you run (only that they obviously dont benefit of new shaders etc.)?
    Or could it be that it was intended that user gets full access to the PP effects, so that user can adapt/adjust look of older tracks/content by liking?

4. Donnie

Donnie Registered

Badboy likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

A few more things need to be sorted before we can really call the best sim,yes the tyre model and physics,are the best,but the ease of use needs to be tweaked.
    Having to find the correct ffb level for each car,every time you get in it,is a pita,an auto ffb feature would be nice,which does it for you,and a feature "save custom controls" for each vehicle,so you only have to set degs of rotation and ffb etc once.
    An integrated pedal and wheel overlay would be nice,the ability to move the info displays,more graphics setting options,and above all,structured online series.

I know I know,just go play iracing,well,I've spent over £500 in my first year and half,but find myself wanting to play rf2,because the physics,ffb and tyres are vastly superior,iracing is just bland and boring

6. FS7

FS7 Registered

I've done some testing with Indycar at Silverstone, AA = 5, didn't try PPE on ultra but tried all other PPE levels, quick race against 19 AI cars.
    Fps can be pretty bad on race start even with PPE off when there's many cars close in front of me, fps is good with PPE off/low during the race in cockpit view, ok fps in replays. Fps not so good in race in cockpit view and even worse in replays with PPE medium/high. Shadows look bad in all PPE levels in race & in replays imo (I have shadows set to medium in-game). Personally I didn't like much the blurring/glare effects, so for now I'm sticking to PPE = off for best fps.
    PPE presets isn't necessarily a bad idea but I'd prefer to have the option to enable/disable each PPE effect individually.

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The problem is, that "usability" is a very subjective thing and deterimined alot by the hardware and the user himself. I for one never ever had to fiddle with degrees of rotations and it was never more plug and play than it is with rF2. That said, that's down to my hardware and that I am used to rF1 and GTR titles. I find the sim as is very usable and functional, but this can be seen different from user to user. In AC people are happy to copy and paste files manualy as it was done ten years ago and screwing up their installation, when they complain about some minor problems and init.tweaking in rF2. Fact is, you need to tweak files in both sims and using mods has never been easier with Steam Workshop. I am even that far to say, that it is pure gold and with the right implementation in the upcoming UI it'll be unbeatable. I still don't understand why Reiza and Kunos aren't going the same route.

I think alot of issues with the current BETA build are down to the current UI, like lag, bad FPS when the replay is not watched fullscreen, problems with the tuning menu, windowed vs. fullscreen etc. People complaining about problems, that aren't even big problems in the beta threads on various sites just shows that some people aren't even able to read and go one click further. Funniest thing has been a request to seperate S397 workshop items as DLCs, when it is pretty much possible right now to filter the content by the uploader simply by clicking on the uploader called Studio 397. I don't know what it is, but I don't consider such things difficult when you are able to install Windows or Steam on your PC.

Ernie and patchedupdemon like this.
  8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

So far after all goes great,good FPS whit all in MAX\MED,some bugs related to the dated textures in some of my mods,but the updated content is just a blast :)
    Great work Studio397,keep going whit the great work :)

Attached Files:

Louis likes this.
  9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Does anyone know if @Marcel Offermans, @Christopher Elliott or anyone from Studio 397 have confirmed that the 'Fullscreen' option in the video config is not working? That the game in fact runs in windowed mode even with fullscreen selected, as has been reported elsewhere? And, if so, will fullscreen mode be fixed?
    I ask because although I've been able to reduce stuttering to a minimum it is still occurring intermittently, and I remembered the only other time I've seen this behaviour has been when running rF2 in windowed mode. So I'm wondering if this is, in fact, not actually a new problem with the DX11 beta.

10. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

. . . and please don't forget the rain on the Visor for open wheelers / open Cockpit use & VR. :)

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Well if the rain on windshield FX will cost as many FPS as these new post FX, nobody less than a 1080 Ti will be able to play this sim. Let S397 focus a bit on optimizations first, no point in having new effects with FPS in single digits :).

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Well, it was doing that for many of us. Having logged into Steam just now, however, I just got a 2.1Gb download of the content, so it seems they may have fixed this issue at least. So for anyone else who has had this problem, give it another go.

13. Sento Siete

Sento Siete Registered

Hi, how can I see the FPS with the Oculus?, I've tried with ctrl+F and activating it from Steam, but I can't see the numbers
    Thanks

14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Looking forward to the supra being updated,that car is sooo much fun

Rastas likes this.
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have done lot of testing with 1080Ti, resolotion 10320x1440 @ 144hz and 5760x1080 @120hz I get about 30 fps less than DX9 with same settings.
    I know this is beta testing and I am sorry to say this but I can not see that it is going to be possible to play this game with 120/144hz triple screens with descent settings. Like beta is now 2x fps boost is needed and I just can not imagine that it is possible to optimize DX11 so much.

16. Obrom

Obrom Registered

DX11 Mode, everything on low or off (minimum settings)
    300+ fps on a 1080p monitor,
    40 fps on a DK2. (unplayable)

R9 290
    i5 4670K @ 4.3Ghz
    16GB RAM
    Win 10

17. ChazmR

ChazmR Registered

Which In-Game HUD is that you are using, right now I have none since trackmap is dead sadly :)

18. Louis

Louis Registered

Interesting.

19. Emery

Emery Registered

DX11 Suggestion
    Is there a way to scan the content when it loads to determine whether the content has been updated to DX11 standards? If so, then a warning box could be displayed to give the user an option to adjust their PPE to none (or a lower level) so the user doesn't suffer the excessive bloom? Or is there a way to clamp the bloom automatically if it "goes off the scale"?

FS7 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Any word on the fullscreen issue? I just noticed vsync isnt kicking in.