VSYNC using max frame rate in PLR

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by LokiD, May 3, 2017.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hi guys, I've noticed no vsync feature works atm in the new dx11 rf2. In dx9 i could set video or gnu and it locked to 60, now no setting will work or even forcing through the nvidia CP. However if you set the "max frame rate 60" line in PLR it works. But it just doesnt feel smooth as 60fps should feel.

Anyone any ideas..

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

V-sync has not been added yet to the DX11 Build, so in the meantime you'll need to use your GPU driver to v-sync.

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hi Chris thanks for the reply. How do i go about doing that, as i have tried it in the nvidia Control panel and used a Rf2 profile but for some reason doesnt work.

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

LokiD likes this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

flux thanks a million thought i was going mad with the stutters at 60?! I have inspector ill try that later.. Ive been using nvidias official util.

6. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Registered

No science to back this up.....
    but a bloke on the internet told me not to set my frame cap to the same as my screen refresh rate. The default for 'another racing game' I play is 84. I wonder if that is the reason for not feeling smooth - Frame Tearing.

And thanks for the question - it answered my problem of where to set the frame cap! My GPU gets too hot if I leave it to render as many frames as it wants, and then it throttles back to 40 or 50 with horrible rubber banding effects once it has cooled down.

Flaux likes this.
  7. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I did try 59, 60, 61 and 75 fps cap's and 60 felt best. 84 is a strange number isn't it!? I will try it anyway. Thx. :p

8. Emery

Emery Registered

Cap of 83 is for non-Sync configs for 60 Hz refresh. Theory is that it is a prime number not near the half-frame rate (30-60-90-120), so screen tears will be nearly imperceptible since they won't repeat in the same location of successive frames. Some games limit fps one frame shy of the limit being set, so those games get a cap of 84.

Cap of 83 in rF2 at 60 Hz has worked well for me in non-Sync config. I've also liked GPU sync on the newer nVidia cards regardless of cap number, but there's definitely a slight lag penalty.

LokiD likes this.
  9. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Hi Christopher

Are there plans (or even a magic hidden json option) to include full screen again? Windowed mode is a luxury option for those with plenty of spare resource, and a pain for those that don't.

Thanks