Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I LOVE the new fullscreen, great for those doing streams.

2. ZED

ZED Registered

Thanks Nibs
    I have all plugins removed and STEAM has been on and off all night.....

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

If i could add, cars in the garage (in garage setting) has real heavy light blooming on new and old cars? Also what mods currently are optimised for dx11? I read just now bargello is? and is the wedge HUD ok to use in dx11?

Cheer s guys..

4. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I became a VR convert back when I got a DK2 in 2014 (since have a CV1). In the meantime I have also got an OSW. I tried rF2 a few times with monitors and it felt fantastic but without VR it just made me more impatient for this release. It was worth the wait, a lot more to come I hope but for me rF2 is right back up there at the top of the list!

5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

ah sweet..

Im only running the optimised stuff so every new update will be something to look forward to. Also gives me a reason to really really drive the new stuff into the ground.. Never knew the howstons were so much fun..!!! Ive had rf2 since before its steam release (maybe 2009) and have been on and off with it, but its back and I'm loving rf2 again!!!

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I selected "Subscribe to all." Is Steam smart enough to add new items to my subscription automatically when the author (S397 in this case) adds a new item to their collection? Or do we have to monitor what's going on and add new items (not clearly identified as DX11 or DX9) manually?

And by the way, I reverted to DX9 and lost all the S397 DX11 content (the items in the collection) from my installation. It won't restore despite being subscribed, restarting Steam, etc., etc. I wouldn't care if the DX9 or DX11 versions were in there, but I have and get neither.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I can confirm full screen not working in my system.
    I deleted cbash and shaders.
    No dx9 plugins.
    New player, controller and multiplayer json files.
    Video config in the launcher does not properly work. When I change values and accept those, I do not see them later when I check in Video Res tab once having launched single player mode. Therefore, I have to config screen ingame and I am unsure about post effects since they are not included there.
    In borderless mode only native resolution appears available. Windowed mode does not work properly as it stays over any other window. This is common to full screen which as shown in the image does not scale to fit.

Second fps benchmark shows a slight decrease of about 10%. Disregard previous one since I cannot tell for sure which resolution was being used due to the problem of video settings config tab.

9. FatCity

FatCity Registered

After updating to the DX11 beta and trying it out, I thought no way, this is crap. I tried a few things and it just wasn't as good as DX9, for me anyway. So I went back to DX9. The game still tells me I have win 8 and 1 mg vram etc but thats no biggie, but I lost all force feedback, in fact I lost all wheel ( G27 ) functions altogether. Not happy Jan !! ( Aussies will get the connection ).
    I had to re config wheel in Logitech profiler and all was good again. With the DX11 version at Silverstone in the GT500, my fps were about 25-27, in DX9 I was getting around 240, and thats with my monitor locked at 60 lol.

So . I thought I'd give it another go ( 1 day later ). I downloaded the update, this time I verified the files and one didn't download properly so it got it again.
    I fired up the game, changed my settings with aa at 4 and post at medium. I went out of the game and deleted the cbash and shader files and restarted the game. It updated some cars and tracks but not all, it was like it was cut short. I started single player and chose the GT500 at Silverstone. This time I was getting up to 70 fps on certain areas of the track but averaged about 45. this is useable for me.But the problem was it was the old track. So i went out and uninstalled the tracks and cars that were updated, went to steam, unsubscribe and resubscribed to them again and then went back into the game. All good, updated tracks and cars. I tested a few and the worst fps I got were in the Indy cars at Indianapolis,around 35 up to 59, being a track with a lot of grandstand, this isn't unusable either. So, I will keep it installed now as it does look quite good, not sure if I like the post look but I will get used to it no doubt.

My hardware is AMD FX 8350 CPU
    16 gig Ram
    RX 480 8 Gig.
    29in Ultrawide monitor at 2560 x 1080

My graphics settings are full for cars high for track and low for most others.
    There were only 10 cars on track ( default ) and I used different cameras at all tests.
    P.S. I was going to put up some sceenshots but I think I changed the folder where they save to and I cant find them lol, when I do I will put them up.

10. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

You can find them through the Steam interface... there should be a "screenshots" menu item in rFactor 2 and in that pop up window, you should find a button like "show on hardisk" or something to that extend

FatCity likes this.
  11. edwardjamesgrey

edwardjamesgrey Registered

OK, been up all morning doing endless testing..
    I'm going to show you all what settings I have everything on as well. The only way i can get rid of the blooming from the white's in the game is to restart a weekend once I've been out on track once. Then its gone until I restart the game again.. very odd! See video below!

So, here are my NVidia Control Panel settings..
    Page 1
    [​IMG]

Page 2 (Bottom half of menu)
    [​IMG]

These are the settings I'm using on the Video settings within the RF Launcher..
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, here is a screenshot of what the settings IN GAME that I've used..
    Display settings
    [​IMG]

Video/Res settings
    [​IMG]

I'm managing to hit 200fps @ Silverstone in places when alone on track, and in the 140 - 160's when other cars are around me. Replay is also steady between 80 - 110fps depending on whats on screen.
    I have no glitching or any other kind of rubbish we can think of... Only thing I can see is the inverted colours for tyre wear and temp etc.
    I have every track I had originally, and cars... Steam automatically re-installed ones that had gone missing.

Test video to show you all how its looking.

I'm on a Windows 10 I7 7700k
    32gig of DDR4 Hyper-X RAM
    NVidia GeForce 1070 GTX 8G Graphics..

What do we think? And I hope these settings will help some of you folk in the long run.

Kaitsu_69 and Tony like this.
  12. pas74

pas74 Registered

i have an issue with the DOF it doesn't work how it should!....it's seems the autofocus doesn't "catch" the car during the tv cam and everything looks blurry....is there anybody who has the same problem and knows how to fix it?

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Stockcar resurrection and a couple more also have DX11 .

Nibiru likes this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Is that with officially updated Studio 397 content?

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Would be good if they could split workshop between dx9 and dx11 or some other way so we know what has been updated to dx11.

daguru likes this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm just looking a the most recent updates and checking there update log .
    Go to Steam / profile / workshop items / subscribed items and date updated .

daguru and John like this.
  17. Emery

Emery Registered

I don't know how you guys are losing content when reverting. Since I'd seen people lose content before I attempted to revert, I went to the trouble of copying all the updated content and fully expected to use that archive, but after reverting, everything was where it should be. 73 MB download after telling Steam to quit using the Beta and it was relatively painless.

MarcG likes this.
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

cool, shall check it out

19. pas74

pas74 Registered

Fixed!!!! just set AA on 4 an than everythings is ok!!
    Great job studio397!!! Finally Rfactor 2 begin to looks amazing!!!

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

out of interest what did you have it on before?

Ari Antero likes this.