Are we Benchmarking yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Relax guys, it's just the first release, it's beta, for sure it will get better, i trust studio397 ;)

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Oh I have faith, LOL! The bugs are fairly consistent, so it shouldn't be too hard to spray them with the digital equivalent of DDT.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You are comparing dx9 fps against dx11+ppe, and expect same or better results? Seriously...

Woodee likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

<ahem> I tried all manner of settings from no PP to Ultra PP, no AA to Level 5 AA, and there was no difference in fps regardless of setting. That's not normal! I'm not expecting anything, just reporting where we're at.

Also, there are a few people reporting increases in fps.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, I thought this forum had a consensus few months ago that DX11 will run significantly better on modern GPU's compared to DX9, so I don't see what's wrong to compare them with PP effects included.

6. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

Holy crap....I tried the DX11 Beta and went back to DX9 but lost Silverstone track.
    I looked at steam workshop and even though I am subscribed, Silverstone is not found in my RF2 Laucher workshop .....that open box thingy with all the list of installed cars and tracks.

I then tried to unsubscribe USF2000 car and susbcribe again, steam allows re-download for this, but the Silverstone still cant be downloaded, albeit I subscribed.

I then realized that the Silverstone is updated 2nd May 2017 in steam. So I looked at all other cars like Dalarra which also get updated on 2nd May. Basically the cars and track which is updated on 2nd May by studio 397 at steam, can not be re-downloaded if back to using DX9 ...LOL.

Can u guys see if that is the case with your RF2 on DX9 ?

Dang, this come at a time I am still totally a steam dummy, coz I am IT dummy.:(

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

And it has been proven that it does. But when adding PPE at ultra, clearly the comparison is skewed.

8. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

No. For most of the users it doesn't.

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Some*

10. Depco

Depco Registered

If anyone with AMD GPU has success running DX11 with great/Good Frame rates please say so. Also your graphical settings would be great too.