FFB tire scrub.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosko, May 2, 2017.

1. rosko

rosko Registered

Hello not really used to this game but yet but is there anyway to feel the tires scrub/lose grip? Generally the ffb feels a bit odd so not sure if there is something fundamentally wrong. I try with the urd gt3 mods & Silverston to test. I couldn't see a way to test for clipping so have turned the ffb down to about 0.70 & turned the min ffb up to about 8% also turned smoothing down a bit.

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You can even feel the different weight of steering with cold or warm tires with a simple G27 (at least I think I can, may be placebo effect).
    Silverstone is a very smooth track, and cars feel like sliding on a smooth glass surface, try Sebring or ISI Portugal.

Cheers.

3. rosko

rosko Registered

I'm not sure you understand the issue i have. there is no sensation of tyre scrub. you lose grip & its like floating on ice, if you have driven a real car on a track it feels nothing like that. It feels like project cars ffb very very similar, even has that awful pull to the centre when braking. I have plenty of road feel but what good is that?

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I would prefer tire locking SOUND, like the USF2000 has, as it would help me to know if i'm cooking my tires. With some cars, like the Clios for example, i could only see that when i looked at the tires in Trackmap plugin...

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes, turn up tyre sounds!
    Maybe your FFB is reversed?
    URD mod donĀ“t have the best tyre physics, maybe there FFB feel off? Ever tried USF 2000 ?

6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

That doesn't solve the problem, i use rF2 since the beggining, it's a cronical problem, at least in USF2000 tire sounds are good and informative on what's happening...

7. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

How would you describe the feeling you're looking after? A fibration when scrubbing?

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I know that answer is not for me, but the best feeling for me with tire slip information was the loss of FFB, as it becomes strong again as the grip comes again.

9. Bkim

Bkim Registered

What u are looking for is a slip angle ffb. The more the slip angle is reached the less strong the ffb gets until u feel the upcomming ffb force of the opposite lock. rF2 does not have that ffb function as far as im aware of.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Rfactor 2 give brill ffb & you should notice this straight away (in the ffb)

Bet your running with a lot of damping ?????

What ffb wheel do you use ??

11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Did you rubber in the track before tackling it? rf2 feels quite icey whithout a rubbered-in racing line.

LokiD and Rui Santos like this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

T300 here,with official content,I can feel everything the fronts and rears are doing,with mods it's hit and miss game.
    What are your profile settings

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

But still,...

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So should I change my sentence or should he better not try it with a rubbered-in track? :rolleyes:

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wonder if he would try the USF 2000 cars and see if their behavior meets his expectations. So far, that is the best feeling car for me in regards to tire grip/slip. If the NIssan GT500 felt that that, I'd be very happy.

Rui Santos, Flaux and Alex72 like this.
  16. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Fully agree with that.

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. Steven Luppino

Steven Luppino Registered

I found the "Steering torque extrap time" in the Controller.JSON file did all the difference to mine. You just fix It I guess according to your or PC or controller's needs. Try start about at 0.08. It gave mine the "full tyre width on road" feel with cornering gain FFB as well. Also I set the track BumpAmp and BumpLength both to 0.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

mainly how the tire on the USF 2000 feels. I cannot pin it down, but the best way to explain it .... at least in my mind...is the US2k tire grips first and slides 2nd. Most other tires, including the GT500 seem to slide the tire into grip and then snap out when you exceed your talent level.
    I like the car, I would love the sound to be re positioned better so that most of the engine noise does not come out of the left side speakers, but the car itself is fun. I almost want to cut and paste sections of the Us2k tire file into the GT500 to see what happens.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Got a cheap Logitech DFGT and get plenty of feel from the wheels, when they grip. The problem is when you lose grip, as FFB gets light due to less load on the tires and steering rack/suspension then and people percieve this as being like driving on ice. I can even feel the right front wheel squobble into turn 3 at Indy when the car starts to undertseer or the flex of the inner tire when I hit the apron. It's a slight nuance but it is pretty amazing what you can achieve with such a cheap wheel and how you can feel the weight transfere on the tires. Or when locking up the rears in the GT500 I can exactly hear and feel wich tire is locking up. That said, people have to keep in mind how FFB works in rF2 and it'll make sense: heavy loads=heavy FFB, low loads=weak FFB. Might be that the OP is looking for something like the adjustment slider in AC to increase the slip feeling. But that's not how FFB works in rF2.

GT500 sound has been fixed btw for whoever asked for a sound fix in this threat.

20. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I can feel the FFB loading up if I start to turn in and feel a drop off if I exceed peek slip angle. If you can't feel that it's most likely a problem with clipping. Try to lower the FFB multiplier.