Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Andregee

Andregee Registered

All i can see is a wrong white balance. It´s much to cold and seems to be modern to use a blue tint

Marc Collins likes this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yes its for everyone i think. Even body damage has wrong colors.

Damian Baldi likes this.
  3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Try ALT+ENTER. When iRacing transitioned to DX11 we had the same issue... I believe ALT+TAB doesn't work in DX11 applications.

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It works in AC and PCars, so I don't think that this has to do with the DX version.I even see the selection of the different tabs, but the selected tab doesn't move to the foreground as it should.

5. Karei

Karei Registered

Yes, sorry, I did use multiview. I'll update the post.

Alex72 likes this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You run triples like me and you didnt dip under 60 on the normal settings you use. I think its because my AMD FX8350 then that makes me fall under 60FPS (GTX980 GPU). Shadows in rF2 are incredible heavy compared to AC, AMS etc so i also need LOW on that even in DX11 for now. But i cant even get 60FPS with your settings in DX11 while i do get over 60FPS in DX9. Hopefully its just the first iteration of DX11 that can be optimized.

Karei likes this.
  7. Tomasz Luyu

Tomasz Luyu Registered

I did another testing, now properly, in the morning I didnt have time before work to do anything extensively.
    I saw a VR video of rf2 in 90 fps and wondered what might be behind issues,
    it might be weird, but ISI content runs very smoothly, it is actually the biggest surprise Ive had so far. 100 fps with full graphics and 13 AI on track: nice :)). However rain drops this fps by a double (50 to 60)
    At night it is okay, plus I tried to do some racing. It looks very nice
    The problem begins with non ISI content.
    In the VEC VLMS league, we run our cars I believe from URD and the fps stays with the same details at about 45 on la Sarthe, but in rain condition it drops to 21 :O.
    Smoothness and resource wise: it is amazing. I think it just lacks a bit optimisation here and there, but generally I have a great impression

8. jayblue

jayblue Registered

I have had a little while to play with different settings and get a good feel for the new build. My impression is that while there is a big need for optimization the game has taken a step forward and I would like to thank the developers for all their hard work.

First my FPS has dropped in all cases regardless of time of day or graphics settings. I have completed all the recommended steps, created a new player file, cleared the shader folders etc but with my R9 390X there is a big need for further optimization before the game will be as smooth as it was in DX9. On the plus side however the game truly looks like it belongs with its peers now, the new effects have made a real difference to the experience.

There are several bugs or glitches that need fixing. I have found that if I change the shadow setting my FPS never recovers until I delete the shaders and start over again. I have also seen the game crash continually following graphics settings changes, again until the shaders are allowed to regenerate. The live track window when in the pits has awful FPS which improves as soon as it is maximized. The showroom for the cars doesn't work and as many others have said the game reports GPU ram incorrectly.

Looking forward to seeing how the game continues to advance over the coming month, particularly the new UI.

Some screenshots: 20170502200959_1.jpg 20170502095455_1.jpg

9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

No problems with my fresh install. Game runs smooth at 50-60 fps.
    Pp effects on ultra. Other settings on high.
    Gtx 680 installed.
    During replay fps drops to 28-40.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill that VR's here, I'm only interested in optimisations from here on , everything pretty enough & VR immersion is off this planet !

new UI will be a good fix too -will start hosting after this/first batch of otimisations

11. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

The game runs fine for me with high settings, some on maximum. Constant 60-80 fps, but with drops down to ~30fps.

In the menu it´t stuttering and it has only ~10fps.

This is a good start and needs a lot of optimizing but i like it a lot and for me the graphics look much better.

My system:
    Intel Xeon 1231V3
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    geForce GTX680 4GB
    Windows 7 64- Bit

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

sorry , I'm a 100% VR user I assume everyone same , yes a PC has less work if someone is watching a monitor

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

On what resolution? My card is stronger than yours (980GTX) and i cant even get 60FPS. Any special VSYNC setting? Any special settings in nvidia control panel?

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Really? I would never have guessed because you mention it any chance you can get! :p

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Already mentioned before Damian. so i guess known issue. and yes i see it too ;)

Damian Baldi likes this.
  16. Zoaal

Zoaal Registered

After calming the mind in the face of change and after several tests, I can say, great work. The future is bright.

Thanks Studio-397!!!

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  17. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

+1
    Unfortunatelly I see the same.

18. stonec

stonec Registered

I think it simulates pretty accurately what I saw in last weekend's F1 race, as in image below. Both the blue ambience and the white exposure can be seen from all F1 sendings these days.

[​IMG]

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  19. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

20. Comante

Comante Registered

I was unsure to update, because now I'm forced to use a old Radeon HD5700 , that is nothing fancy these days.
    Anyway, transition went smooth, the visuals are greatly improved even with post effect off and details pretty minimum. Yes, I've lost 10/15 fps, even before the switch my FPS were sub-optimal, now even less. But anyway it is enjoyable, at least the visuals justify the FPS I can get.
    Even If I know I can't squeeze out decent times with so little FPs, I think I will continue to play it in DX11 waiting for a better card.

Ernie and John like this.