Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

"Software" is not VSYNC off i think? It should be "None".

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

If you checked for integrity of files in steam, deleted cbash/shaders, it is unlikely reinstall will change anything. This is beta of a major rehaul of an engine, it will take some time to get right.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

looks fantastic :)
    Just the shudder is the only thing .
    @Marcel Offermans is this something you are aware of ? along with everything else of coarse . Do you have any suggestions ?

Attached Files:

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Ehmm, Ambient Occlusion has been used for ages, BUT it's pre- rendered and in the textures, so has no effect on performance. That's basicly the point of AO.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Triple screens might not yet have been optimized. The users I've seen that report good FPS are those running single screen 1080p with what are normally considered overpowered GPU's (GTX 1070/1080) for 1080p.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

From DX11 build notes:
    • Static AO; This is adding Occlusion to bottom of objects and cars. It does improve the overall depth in the environment.
    • Dynamic AO. This is adding a subtle low-frequency Ambient Occlusion to the scene and cars, improving the “connection” between terrains and structures in the scene, and also balancing cockpits brightness.

WiZPER likes this.
  7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Never noticed the dynamic part, thanks for the pointer.

8. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Everything fine for me here, get around 130fps with all settings on ultra and post effects on mid. The only problem I have, if I start a session at night-time, no circuit lights are working o_O no matter which circuit, it stays completely dark. Any guess what it could be @Marcel Offermans ?

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I'm so done with beta releases,when did this become the norm for devs to release unfinished products,or releases not fit for purpose.
    I miss the days when stuff was only released when it worked

10. Depco

Depco Registered

Luckily for you you can go back to DX9 "non-Beta" build.

Ernie and bwana like this.
  11. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I can get usable frame rates with triples, i5 3570K and 1080 FTW. I start struggling driving in the pits with 25 AI though.

It seems the majority of people with the crippling frame rate hits are using AMD GPUs.

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

yeah i know,but why release an open beta,with as many issues,gives an impression that they havent enough people to test it,with all the anticipation for this release,doing it this way is just a let down,and doesnt do the work the devs put in justice.

pls from now on,only release when its in a usable or as close to finished state,i can wait

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah that sounds reasonable. Lets wait and see what S397 can come up with after they looked into it some more.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have bad FPS with 980GTX. Not that it was super great before either, but DX11 was supposed to give a small boost. However its the opposite for me even with the same settings as i had in DX9.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

It's an option and a beta , without putting it out to basically more testers by going public more bugs are found . The whole idea of a beta release.. otherwise it would be called an update . Better than having a broken update forced on users.

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Did you delete CBash and Shaders? Also, cars using the custom flare shader meshes for head lights, can affect night light visuals.

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  17. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Yes, deleted them already, but without change. I am using the GTR 500 at Nola, so all new content :/

18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Hmm, no clue then...

19. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Is anyone else experiencing noticeable increase of video lag? No one else seems to talk about this, so i hope this is just a fluke in my system and is possible to fix. FPS is about the same. Post Processing is at none and i'm not using any kind of sync.

When i asked this in discord chat, someone said that there should be more video lag because it's dx11.
    I really hope this is not true. I would understand that using Post Processing could increase input lag, but i'm using them.

20. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I5 3570k
    GTX980
    8GB RAM
    5760 x 1080 @60Hz, No sync
    DX9 Silverstone 19 cars, GT500, 2x AA Max other than Shadows medium, no reflections, no soft particles, no shadow blur: 55-74 fps. 24 cars visible.
    DX11 Silverstone 19 cars, GT500, High circuit detail, No AA, shadows medium, no ref, no soft, no blur, medium post process: 25-42 fps. 16 cars visible.
    DX11 Silverstone 19 cars, GT500, High circuit detail, No AA, LOW shadows, no everything else: 31-72 fps.
    Just not playable now.

Tire heat readout is backwards.
    Incorrect GPU spec details
    Incorrect OS Version details
    For some reason the Standings TV cameras run at about 9 fps
    Triple screen window is tiny.
    Main menus lagged.
    Didn't seem to be utilizing much of my system.
    Chat message window's timer freaks out with certain readouts due to context size limitations.
    This isn't due to the update but in triple screen, going into the Standings TV camera, disables trackside camera zoom, and makes everything very high FOV, i guess.

Reverting to single screen (not racing, just replays):
    Plays a "fullscreen" borderless window (though set as "fullscreen") on the left screen instead of center now.
    Full circuit, special effects, medium post, medium shadows, lvl 1 AA (that's all it will do for me, ever since), no ref's, no blur, no soft
    It just barely gets 50 fps for, but with Video Sync setting, it's smooth enough with the same criteria above. I must admit, with a cloudy day and playing with cameras, it looked real, sounded real, all of it. There's something to this.

For now DX11 is completely unplayable. But at some points in replay, it was looking really REALLY good.

I'm very disappointed in the performance of multiview, even after all these years. I'm still holding onto hope, though, because this update shows some quite nice looking changes. Just.....as a slideshow.

Strangely, I'm not really getting intermittent stutter, which is what I had before DX11. It's just less peformance overall, only when in cockpit.
    With sync, lower fps drops didn't seem as drastic, though they still were there. If that makes sense.

Emery, Danneskjold184 and DocJones like this.