Released Released NOLA Motorsports Park!!! v100

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Try turn in game to 4x and then 8x MS and 2x SGSS GPU at Poznan and you should find the trees completely see through, almost invisible.
    I never got a sceeen of it and quite frankly dont want to change any settings just to try as im scared I'll never get it looking this good again, lol.
    Is the difference between having transparent AA on and off just like that of what @stonec showed two posts earlier?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So what do you think looks better? Softer trees or flicker and crawl?
    Thats basically what it comes down to, right?

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Poznan is bugged, it's using the wrong alpha transparency for trees and the author is no longer around here to fix that. I wouldn't use those trees as test of anything as I think they will look transparent as soon as you turn transparency AA on, regardless of the AA combo you use.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Ah, okay, i get it, but i like that track :(
    So what do i do to turn transparency on?

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As stonec allready explained, the trees on the tracks from f33ls are buggy. I think what helped me in the past was to use 4x AA ingame (Level 2 iirc) to get rid of the transparancy. Croft got a fix from Senormen, so maybe there is hope for Poznan and Putnam Park aswell. If I had to choose between softer trees or flicker and crawl, I would still take the softer trees as they stand out alot infront of the sky. On the other hand, I don't suffer extreme flickering or crawling so the desicion is not that difficult for me. I just take the ingame AA and it works pretty good out of the box. Next to the fact, that especialy fences will flicker more and look alot more ugly without transparancy AA and it's an object that you will find quite often on most tracks.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

Either from GPU control panel or the setting "transparency AA" to true in player JSON, the second one is the default and should already be on if you start with a fresh player.JSON.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay , Well i think the trees at Poznan and all tracks actually look pretty much the same with most settings except the settings that made them ghost trees lol . I honestly never noticed any difference but fences on the other hand stood out like dogs balls when they flicker and crawl with previous settings . So for me its a no brainer to go with GPU settings and in game AA off . To each their own , i guess .
    If i had decent upload speeds (0.7mb up / 20mb down) lol, i'd upload a clip with and without , but with all the compression they would probably look the same .

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yep , it's already on .

Attached Files:

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Could you please stop posting here about tweaks and hacks? Let's not start again spreading hacking infos all around the forums. Thanks. :)

Badboy likes this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay , sorry , didnt know i was in the wrong .
    Stopped .

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I rest my case. Let's all just hope this mess is sorted out with the new update. No one will be happier to never read about or speak about this issue again than me.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. guga_cyr

guga_cyr Registered

Just had my first run at this track & while it's pretty enough to look at, the layout is preeeeeetty dull....

Peeps banging on about the grass & the trees is pretty comical though - you're clearly not driving fast enough! :p

But I think I'll only wanna go back to this one when (if?) someone takes a bit of creative license with the topography.

NOLA "hills", anyone? *hint*hint* :D

13. bwana

bwana Registered

It's a real life track and as such should represent as it does in real life . One of the very few officials surveyed tracks in rf2. . Imagine the uproar from the lazer scanned crew if they put a hill in it lol

14. guga_cyr

guga_cyr Registered

Lol, very true.

But the 100% true to life laser scanned replica we already have - so I really don't see the harm in a fictional version that adds even just a little undulation to inject some much needed soul to the place!

A fictional NOLA hills version would be the only thing that'd make me want to reinstall this location - let alone think about driving on it again....

All imo of course :cool:

bwana likes this.
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

grass enthusiasts entertain me too (-:

WiZPER and bwana like this.
  16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Not sure if this is allready reported, but there is a hole very close to the curb...

nola_hole.jpg

nola_hole2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017