Pit Stop Strategies in tracks GDB to return

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by RoboCAT10, Oct 24, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

In rfactor1 in the tracks GDB file there was a section named 'Pit Stop Strategies'. Below you would have all the AI drivers names (linked to there VEH files) and then the amount of pit stops and the laps to put on would be next. Like this I think it was.

Bob Boson = 1 - 23,40

I was wondering why this was left out for rfactor2 and if it would be possible it could be reinstated. I wonder how hard it would it be to do so? It worked exactly as intended in rfactor1 and was great to create AI races to watch. I have tested if it works at the moment but it doesn't but it would be awesome if this section in the tracks GDB file would return.

aguy0523 likes this.
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Agree it should come back but not in the Tracks GDB, the Talent File is much more appropriate or even a separate file.

Edit: Thought I recognised this thread...

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/25499-Varying-AI-strategies?highlight=strategies
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24516-Choosing-an-AI-drivers-pit-strategy?highlight=strategies

Edit #2:
    ...and as we heavily discussed here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...stops-in-Rfactor-2/page4?highlight=strategies

It falls into one of those "if we get time to do it" things for ISI I reckon, would guess it's still a low priority but you never know :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I'm no programmer but I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to reinstate it right?

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Does s397 have any idea if they would consider reinstating this? It's been nearly a year and half since I last enquires so was wondering if there has been any progress at all?

It's strange it worked in rf1 but seeming not in rf2. Would this be tricky to reinstate? Is there a way we can make sure the AI follow the pit stop strategies value on the GDB? Or has Marc said above, can it be placed in the rcd folder?

6. cb_krueger

cb_krueger Registered

Are there any news on this topic?

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

No there hasn't been anything and I'm unsure if this even works or not. It did in rf1 but not sure about rf2. Every time I've tested it it hasn't worked, but then again I might for be doing something wrong. It would be nice to get some sort of confirmation though.

8. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Id like to see mandortory pitstops that you can easily implement to races!