The Right FFB??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Apr 4, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I downloaded LUT for AC but couldn't get it to work ? every time after i open it , it crashes ?
    Will it really help my CSW v2 ? i dont have any dead zone and the FFB is quite heavy and has resistance all the way . I use FFB clip and just set it to auto and dynamic and then forget about it .
    My biggest issue with AC is the AI . They just wont overtake . Although some mods , like the FIA GT3 car pack do seem to pass alot better than Kunos stuff ? That , i do not understand ? How can modders get better AI than the game makers ?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

AI in AC used to use me for brakes in the corners, if I stayed in the drive line. They used to pit maneuver me down the straights as well. Some kind of latency bug. No one believed me of course. It all stopped when I was playing around with multi threading in an ini file. I heard a few others mention it but of course got belittled.

And now with this ice braking for some but not most. All other sims brake fine for me.

AC seems to have a lot of glitches that they spend more time making excuses for then fixing.

That's one thing I haven't seen here in rF2 is the belittling pictures and putting others down like there is in AC.

Thank you all for the higher level of maturity guys.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I know you are but what am i ?
    Oops , you said mature , didnt you .lol Not me ,haha .
    As for AC , i actually find the cars to drive probably better now than they ever have .?? weird hey . Before , maybe two or three patches ago some of the cars , like the 458 road car and RX7 and all GT3 (and more) had horrendous understeer and no matter what i did it just felt odd .
    But recently the cars and FFB feel pretty alright , it really is just the AI train and not passing even when i pull over to let them pass (i actually have to get on the grass for them to pass) that bothers me most .
    So as a hot lapper it is okay but i wont to race not hotlap .
    This is an example i filmed with my phone (really bad quality -sorry) of a set up i did with fast formula cars and slow road cars just to show how bad it is . Laughable.

Non of the fast cars can pass the slow , except one . These are all AI .
    AI is set to 93%

4. Miro

Miro Registered

That sound tho, haven't heard in years :eek::D

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

That's what gets me to sleep each night ,lol

6. traind

traind Registered

I love both sims but must say I have a very different experience between road cars and race cars in Assetto Corsa. The road cars feel terrific and very nuanced from one car to another. But when I move to a race car it seems that the Slick Tire model or perhaps something else deadens the experience for me in Assetto Corsa. It isn't that there is no fun to be had in the race cars but they just don't feel as Lively and connected to the road as do the road cars.

I do agree that it is a real strength for assetto Corsa because the car selection is fantastic and not many other sims offer very many street legal cars in them. I think it is something for a Sim like RF2 or automobilista to consider for the future. There are a lot of street-legal sports car fans out there and coming over from titles like Forza or Gran Turismo it is something potential buyers are looking for.

vegaguy5555, Korva7 and RaceNut like this.
  7. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

I have a DFGT wheel and absolutely love rF2.
    ...everything until I tried the FFB in Automobilista.
    Theres a whole lot more nuance in AMS thru this wheel.
    I can feel slides coming on, and have a much better chance of recovering.
    I really wish this was the case in rF2.

8. Bozak

Bozak Registered

If you try rF2 with a better wheel you'll change your mind.
    I had a G27 and catching slides wasn't easy.
    With an OSW wheel rF2 transformed into a new level of feeling the details and catching slides.
    You can drive UFS2000 slightly going sideways all the time with confidence.
    I don't like to encourage people to get a DD wheel because it's not cheap but is amazing, it unravels all the positive and negative aspects of a sim and only rF2 got a big boost from it.
    I'm enjoying AMS too but is not rF2:)

Korva7 and TonyRickard like this.
  9. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Using a DD-system, I'd rate the FFB in this order:
    1) rF2
    2) AMS
    3) AC
    I wouldn't be surprised to find that order reversed in most cases (based on user opinions and personal experience) where other wheels are used.

Still, I don't find the FFB of any of them to be bad at all and it only takes a short stint to adapt in any case. The gap between game-FFB does seem to widen with lower-end steering systems though.

10. Filip

Filip Registered

My case is unusual.

Until recently I played rf2, ac and ams with 15 years old red momo although it was broken (unbearable grinding noise when turning left) but ffb forces were unafected (i believe). Therefore while playing at night I even turned off ffb not to wake up neighbours and somehow it was even easier for me to drive like this because I could make quicker movements, counter steers.

Despite being old wheel momo is often praised as still very good and was one of the best wheels at the time so I thought it can't get much better unless I buy fanatec, thrustmaster or DD.
    Few days ago friend gave me "some old wheel for playing computer games that he found and doesn't need it".
    It was logitech wingman formula force gp.
    It has shiny sticker that reads "Force Feedback"
    I was reluctant at first.
    That cheap few dollar kids wheel to replace my momo?
    But having nothing to loose I tried it and have to say it is fantastic.
    ffb is so much more detailed than momo.
    And pedals have more travel and are more comfortable.

Now I am enjoying driving in rf2 on a different level.
    I am having fun trying each car again for revaluation.
    Even marussia is driveable now (ok I am still slow but at least now I am consistently slow and can finish a lap and enjoy doing it).
    Everything is easier and more natural to drive than it ever was with momo.

The biggest positive change is in rf2.
    Ams also feels better while in ac didn't notice improvements. Will try to tweak those two.

Wingman.
    Go figure.

Jake Loewenstein likes this.