Creating invisible collision walls

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rafalgt, Apr 12, 2017.

1. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

Hello. I'm looking for some tutorial on how to easily create collision walls invisible to the track. I want to remove band collisions on the track because they are too complicated and cause accidents when the car is sticking to that wall.

I saw such a thing on the Nordshell where the collision was the invisible wall that was set on the wall with textures.

I support 3dsimed and a little 3ds max.

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

In your .Scn file. You need a line that says Render=False

example:

Instance=TWall_Coll04
    {
    Render=False
    MeshFile=TWall_Coll04.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    }

3. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

I was talking about how to create walls on a track that would collide at the point of the real visible wall.

Here is an example of a true one. It's about 3d modeling but is there an easy way to do it?

[​IMG]

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

If you can import the track into 3dsmax, you could create another object over the existing wall.. save it as .gmt (if your using 2012 max), then add it into your scene file with no-render / collision true. (and change the existing wall to CollTarget=False.(remember to add a material to this object or it wont work) any material will do as it wont render it.

If a later version of max - create wall eport FBX version, load it into gjed and export it to create a .gmt. Then again just add it to your scene file with no render, but collision true.

You can create objects directly in 3dsimed, however they are simple and you cant easily move them around and edit them easily. so I would suggest doing it directly in max.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And no, I don't think there's an easy way to do it. You can write a script to do a decent job for you, but it takes a fair bit of work. You could manually create some objects close to the track and quickly slap some rougher objects in the more distant walls where they won't be contacted as much anyway.

6. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

I have to learn how to use 3ds Max. :)