Freeze&black screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by szalai1024, Mar 23, 2017.

1. szalai1024

szalai1024 Registered

Hi!

I have this problem a few weeks ago.
    Absolutely random times(usually after 10 minutes play). I tried to change the graphics, update my amd driver, forced to 32bit or verify the local files in steam but nothing has helped.

Like this:

Pls help:(

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Only in external view? Or only on replay?
    PC specs?

3. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Registered

i have the same problem, in replay view is similar, in game is totally different ....the problem is ... I have an annoying problem with rf2 while playing with random frequency I have freeze because the screen and the audio will pause for 1 or 2 seconds, then the game back to the desktop for a split second and returns immediately in to the game .... at which point the car went nowhere, so it is virtually impossible to play, my hardware is fairly recent, I do not have active antivirus or other programs of the video card drivers are updated and with other racing game titles also heavier graphically I have no problem, I state that this problem started from the release of versions of STUDIO-397 with ISI never have problems.

4. TJones

TJones Registered

I had pretty similar problem. But it was even harder, a background application stole focus (CyberGhost in my case) and throw me back to desktop. rF2 was still runing and selectable in the taskbar but switch back didn't work often. Other games where affected also, but not as hard as rF2.
    So please go through your task list, and try to disable aplications running in the background. Especially those with network traffic.

5. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Registered

only program execution is steam and nvidia control panel ...windows defender is disable ....i'm try to tweak my win 10 and test

6. Jego

Jego Registered

Could be a classic nvlddmkm problem. I have it, and many others have it on some tracks.The symptoms are as you described. Either a 2 second freeze and then it continues to work, or a crash to the desktop after 2 seconds.

Check the event viewer, go to the Windows Logs and Applications after a crash and see if it says something in the logs about the nvlddmkm.

What has worked for me was to downclock my GPU by 40Mhz.

7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Interesting you say that, as I have just bought a 1080ti and still have this issue............ Just Freeze's of course...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  8. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Registered

you have down gpu frequenzy with nvidia tool ? total mhz ?

9. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

Hi, got the same problem. While driving I got a black screen then I can see the desktop, then it switch back to the game.

I checked the event viewer and I got "nvlddmkm stop responding" stuff. Other game seems unaffected.

I'm using nVidia Driver 381.65 on win7 64bit with a 970GTX. I'll try to rollback to the previous drivers (378.92), because I've never had this problem before.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Dumedo: best avatar ever!

Paolo Pennimpede likes this.
  11. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Registered

i have driver 378.92 and problem is present

12. Paolo Pennimpede

Yes I tried 378.92 and got 2 time the same problem. 20 min after I was on a server and another 40 min after, on the same server. I don't think it's driver related.

13. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

I have been having similar problem for long time and i posted this here as well. I get randomly short freeze for about 1 sec that sometimes screw my race. I go to event viewer and there is nothing there.
    Some people told me it is a hard drive you need ssd but i already have it . I have got no help to solve my issue . The technical support for this game does not exist .
    It is a well known problem but studio and whoever is in charge of this now keeps quiet and is not even trying to help people with this issue.
    There are some road maps updates or whatever but no solution for this issue which should be fixed first
    I play iracing asseto corsa and have no problem only rfactor 2

My system

asus gtx 1080
    i7 4790k
    Psu EVGA Super Nova 750
    Samsung 850 Evo

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There have been many threads regarding this issue, and staff (ISI and S397) have been present at times. The problem, as with anything intermittent, is trying to find the cause.

But bear in mind here - we're literally less than 3 weeks away from a graphics engine overhaul. Right now it's probably not a problem at the top of their list, because even if they did manage to fix it now, after years of the problem, the fix (or even the problem itself) could become completely irrelevant on the next update.

15. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Registered

personally until the game was out of steam ISI have never had any problems, since it switched to 397-STUDIO I have this very serious problem that I often false races

16. Paolo Pennimpede

The track where I got the problem was Dubai and I was driving a GT500, someone in my group show me this:

"Fixed sporadic nVidia driver crash on certain tracks. The fix, which is only needed if you were experiencing driver crashes and restarts, can be activated by changing the value WorkaroundFlags=1 in the Config.ini with a text editor. Please make sure to delete your shader cache manually (the files in UserData\Log\Shaders) when making this change."

This is from build 1108 under "graphics"

I'll give it a try