An Outer Space gift to rF2 - 70´s F1 DFV Engine Sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matador667, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matador667

Matador667 Registered

CLARIFICATIONS

Now I understand some comments.
    You guys were thinking that I might be some kind of a "sound dealer" or a know criminal named Alex Balanesko.
    Some comments are obviously spies from other games (s). This happens a lot.
    They do this because they don´t have what we have. (s). Every day they lose more and more players to rF2.
    When we have these new sounds they will lose even more players to us. So we will see here even more comments like these.
    I will just ignore them or reply this:(s). The united players of rF2 are about kick you ass even more !

I know myself. But you guys don´t know me. Now I understand that too. Thank you for clarifying.

Filip said exactly what our problem is: This is indeed the only problem we have !
    "My only concern is that you just take the money and we never hear from you again."
    This is not a possibility.
    When we have the money, do you think that instead of using it in the recording that I've been waiting for 6 months, I'll steal it? I'll flee to where? I'll do what with this amount of money?
    I will leave my house to escape with a money that allows me to travel to a close country and live there for few months?
    The FBI catches me in a week. They put me im jail for forever. Then, instead of racing our new sounds i will be racing in prison on foot trying to escape from the bad guys.
    Please, contact the FBI. Explain the situation to them. They will say: If he runs with the money we will trace the transactions and catch him in a week.

Conclusion: We don´t have any problem after all.

The others minor details we can figure out together. As i said before : I only started this; It´s not MY thing anymore, its OUR thing now.
    The question is not: Do YOU have a car? The question now is: Do WE have a car? Well... this is one of things that I also did. So we have a possibility from classic team lotus !

Their reply:

Thank you for your enquiry; I assist Clive Chapman with licensing matters, and your request has landed on my desk.
    I think we hope that you have connections with a computer game designer, and that we can help them with a license.
    We have agreements with a number of gaming companies, and recording the noise one of our cars makes is a normal request.

Please let me know the context of your enquiry, and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Peirson

Licensing Admin.

Someone from studio 397 will have to report to them as a computer game designer and deal with the paperwork. Things that I can´t do.

To say that I must arrive here already with all the knowledge and all the situations already resolved, is to want too much.
    We will have more options when you guys start doing something too. We will need publicity. Lots of rF2 players don´t use the forum. Can you guys spread this on facebook? That is not my area but I will do if necessary.
    The users that already contributed will require the studio 397 to do a proper publicity and post for us at sites like these: http://www.virtualr.net/
    Also they can contact drivers selling cars and mastershistoricracing.com They don´t talk to me because i am nobody. A formal contact by a company will have a response and maybe a result.

"Ok good luck, but I won't be donating, sorry."
    by MarcG

You will be racing with the new sounds in a new mod in the near future, do you think you will feel better if you had contributed?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Ok. I will report this now. You didn't gave any proper adult clarification on the asked questions and as you said people allready throw money at you which they never see again by the looks of it. Donations don't have to be paid back, a system that is completly the wrong way for a good and save crowd funding. Your Homepage is put together in 2 seconds and has a strange adress aswell. Sorry but you really forced me to do this...

Just my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    McFlex, WiZPER and DaREALMastaD like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

With that kind of attitude towards other games no, absolutely not. Your attitude above is very poor, your professionalism is extremely poor, I still find this whole idea far fetched and will be (pleasantly) surprised if you mange to complete the task. Good luck, good bye.

Matador667 and WiZPER like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Did anyone see any spies ? Where's my tin foil hat .lol
    Maybe i'm one of those spies because i play and enjoy them all .

Matador667 likes this.
  5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

If you really think like that; you are 8 years old and can't manage the task at hand anyway.

That is just nitpicking to get peoples mind off the real elephant in the room.

Just.......wow! Plus proves my statement made at the first quote.

Agreed. But setting up a donation site wasn't to much work.
    You see; people get suspicious when the first thing you do is ask for money and think later. They are right to do so.

Now you got an example but didn't do anything with that.
    You still didn't give any real information. You are avoiding it and that makes people even more suspicious; can you imagine that?

Now I'm not a moderator here, but om the forum where I am, I would shut this topic down and remove the link because of all the unknowns.
    Be more transparent, give information, mean business and you will see donations start to come in for real.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

aren't there crowd-funding sites that allow refunds if a project either doesn't reach it's goal or falls through? Never used one, so I'm only going on hearsay.

7. Filip

Filip Registered

http://www.classicteamlotus.co.uk/en/about/meet-the-team/

Jeremy Peirson is indeed listed as Chief Accountant of Team Lotus.
    So if we can get his confirmation about OP contacting him and when and if the recording is actually arranged I wouldn't mind loosing few euros.

OP said he won't be doing the technical stuff so there is some hope it can go well :)
    I am willing to think that he is just maybe young and non-eloquent but enthusiastic and can organize this.
    Maybe I am naive so I'll better wait for some proof.

@Matador667 How much money does it all cost?

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

79% more (of known secret aomunt) :rolleyes:

9. Matador667

Matador667 Registered

We have one of the prices form Classic Team Lotus

"The cost of preparing the car and allowing about one hour for recording would be £500.
    If it were to be run on a nearby track, the cost would escalate."

Jeremy Peirson

Licensing Admin.

They have there available for us a Lotus type 79

Here is a video:

We also have a response from Masters Historic Racing but no prices yet

Thank you for your enquiry. Could I ask whereabouts you are based?

The cars that race with us are scattered around the world so we would need to work out who possibly may have a car and would be happy for you to do this.

I need to have a chat with our Events Director. The cars are all individually owned, not by us which makes it very difficult.

I will come back to you with our thoughts.

Kind regards

Sam

Samantha MacLennan
    Office Manager

10. Matador667

Matador667 Registered

Once I promised to try my best about this ! I can´t figure things out anymore ! All the comments together looks like a puzzle to me ! I think my best decision is to let someone else to decide some things. I hope i am not wrong. Someone from studio 397 please use one of your e-mails listed on your website and tell me if i should tell my name. You guys will see that's just me. A nobody. Just a racer. Some of you may recognize me but most will not. I never said my name for reasons of privacy, but i will do if necessary.

11. albim75

albim75 Registered

ok....did you really quote a private commercial mail with the rates?
    I'm not so sure the classic Lotus team would be happy for this..
    BTW you still didn't explained what is your experience in handling audio production...

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I'm not an open wheeler guy but I like the idea and concept of what the OP is asking.
    It's obvious to see this was a wild idea that was asked with the excitement as it was created in his head.
    Yes matador could have thought things through a little more but it was hard with the excitement of what he was thinking and he thought everyone would be as excited as him.

These are some questions that need to be throw around before we beat up the OP to much.

If the donation money could go into an official S397 fund would people feel better?
    Will S397 except this offer?

Matador667 and Korva7 like this.
  13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I agree. There are important questions asked before though and no satisfied answer was given.
    One might even call it "beat around the bush".

Could very well be true, but this, together with the first quote comment; how is that different to someone who has bad intentions?
    Not saying TS is of bad intentions, but it's very hard to tell those two apart.

If this is to be serious; TS would have to start contacting Studio 397 for instance or attract a trusted member of this site who can vow for him; something like that.

Thing is; nothing has been thought through and its all kind of starting up, but the donation site is up and running.
    That's bound to give a very nasty feeling......to me it does.

Matador667 likes this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

The most important part hasn't been said. There is no need for such an expensive endevor. We have good DFV sounds in my opinion.

Matador667 and Bjørn like this.
  15. Matador667

Matador667 Registered

I explained on first post:
    Then, this recording will be mixed and processed by the masters of the house: The rF2 sound engineers! Yeah
    Everything the best for us!

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay than.....baby-steps;
    Do you know for a fact they are going to do that?
    How do you know they are going to do that?
    Could someone from Studio 397, maybe one of those "sound engineers", post a quick reply here and underline your intentions?

That last one, is a biggie; that's about the best thing that can happen to your cause........

Matador667 and WiZPER like this.
  17. Matador667

Matador667 Registered

You are a bit out of pace here. People are excited. How many players we are ? We have only about 15 people on this thread who still have doubts and questions. The others have already contributed. We're almost getting close to halfway through.

It would have been better if initiative had been from studio 397. But it was mine. Unfortunately no one can raise money on behalf of another's project. What you're suggesting would be a crime.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Hands up if you have contributed ? (not me, but if true could be cool) Or is this Guy a Salesperson and a half ?

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm not even sure you are at the right place but the Studio is Studio 397, lol

Matador667 likes this.
  20. Matador667

Matador667 Registered

Why you think they would not put the sounds in the game? If they decide not to do, what happens? They will have many hundreds of rFactor 2 players who contributed very sad.
    Sorry but you are saying nonsense
    I will try to answer all the questions of those who still have doubts. I'm just a little busy ... but gradually I'll respond. I have nothing to hide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.