GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Repacking a .rfcmp is not needed. If you don't want too. ;)

Just register the .rfcmp with a direct download link with Noels tool.
    And create a Vmod with Noels tool.

That way you can also overwrite an excisting link to a faster source... ;) (if needed ofcourse)

More info in the first post.

2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Interesting my my path changed all good now..........

3. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

Perhaps you didn't read the relevant posts, Gijs? Problems arose when the tool wasn't working because the site hosting the database was down. We were wondering how we could continue to avoid overloading servers with download requests if Noel's service would not be available any longer. ;)

Gijs van Elderen and Juergen-BY like this.
  4. Gijs van Elderen

Yes, I've totally missed that relevant post. :) Sorry about that. :oops:

Inserting a direct dropbox link into a repack, Vmod or .mft file,... won't work.
    Because the actual rF2-URL is using the .rfcmp SIG number.

Example: http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/getmod.php/RD?sig=5cc7d6ef18bd3d22fa357ac6540f5201dd077f75b7a96b3a563e458ef743e2a7
    You can find the SIG number of a .rfcmp with the old mod manager.

When you try to use a dropbox link into a repack or edit the mft, you'll get something like this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/awri5rpafjt61ct/MiniVille_Car.rfcmp?sig=5cc7d6ef18bd3d22fa357ac6540f5201dd077f75b7a96b3a563e458ef743e2a7
    That link doesn't exist.

The rF2-URL (with sig number) is linked to the dropbox or other direct link you've registered on Noel's server or with Noel's tool.
    Editing the .mft file and adding "http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/getmod.php/YOURLOGIN" is a temporary solution to "register" a .rfcmp when Noel's server is down (without repacking the .rfcmp). Eventually you need to link the sig number to the dropbox link at Noel's site anyway.

Very good question,... I've no clue... :oops:
    Then we have a problem. :(

Unless @Marcel Offermans wants to take over Noel's service. :)

5. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

No worries mate, I wasn't offended! :D

That's some great info, thanks. Your temporary solution is good, I like that...but is your login visible to anyone who downloads the files, then?

Having GetMod working is pretty much essential for a smooth experience, and I agree it would be great to have it integrated in the core install. But it's always possible to post download links for required content and have users install it manually as a last resort.

6. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Would be nice if most clans could host there own Getmod that way we would'nt have to worry about Noel's Database/server working all the time...... Clans/communities would have to worry about there own packages etc....

7. Noels service is up and running and runs fine, it would require a rewrite of the app and all the old files which is currently regged would need an update (and/or database work). If it fails i´ve offered Noel to host the stuff - it wont go down, dont worry :)

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

One of the risks of external plugins and applications is the end of support which could make useless certain tool.

As some probably have guessed, apart of Noel, it is much missed Gerald, who has created as well awesome tools.

While I appreciate Jimmy's effort to maintain this alive, I have to say that get mod manager tool options should be better implemented ingame.

At the moment it is not clear for me which criteria uses the matchmaker to determine where to download a component from.

1. Are we using the package option? For me this is a very simple solution which fits ideally for leagues. If you can setup a server it is clear that you have all the required components. If you want joining drivers to benefit from this option, you leave the rfcmps there. If you don't, you can use a different folder to keep rfcmps to avoid downloads. Password can be used to partially permit downloads among league registered users. If this is the favourite option, it should be noted that updates seem to be unsupported. When the vmod asks for certain version of a track which is the result of the vmod updating a previous version, it doesn't download the previous version.

2. Are we using the registered URL option? If this is the way I think it should be much easier to edit the url of an existing component. At the moment I think that anyone could register any component with Noel's tool. If this was easily done with rF2 tools it would probably be more used that what it is today.

I will not include the workshop as a third option since it is not directly related to the matchmaker download of components. ​

JackFeelsNerves likes this.
  9. mama_mia

mama_mia Registered

Hi,

I'm trying to use this tool, but the components don't get registered.
    I did everything told on the youtube video, but when I add the links, the mod is not registered, and nothing appears on getmod site. But if I test link url, it works, it downloads the rfcmp and on log appears the connection.

What could it be??

EDIT:
    If I try to register the comp manually on site I get this message:
    "Failed. This SubmitID may already be in use."

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  10. Alvaro Torres

Alvaro Torres Registered

Since Steam server version the app doesn't work for me. If I select main dir I can't see anything. If I select "Packages" it shows "This is not a valid DataPath".

I can still use it with old servers (maybe because it appears as separated Data and Core dirs?)

11. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

...sorry.. is Noel's site down?

12. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

..site is working now... thanks Noel

13. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

You can thank @Jimmi Allison
    for getting in touch with Noel for fixing this...............
    Thx again Jimmi/Noel

14. Gijs van Elderen

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  15. Gijs van Elderen

16. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Anyone else having issues with Getmod!

17. Depco

Depco Registered

I seem to be having a problem with GetModMgr. I have it installed and placed int he Bin32 folder. I have it pointed to my C:\rfactor2-dedicated folder. It only sees the installed content that was installed at the time it was first installed. It does not list any of the tracks or cars I have installed on my server since then. I have tried to figure out why it wont show the updated content. Any help would be great as I have become accustomed to having Getmod working for my leagues membership.

The service was working flawless on my old Server box. It only started not working when I moved to the new server box.

18. Depco

Depco Registered

ok Ill try that. Thx

*Halleluja* It worked. Again, thanks for the quick response.

19. Depco

Depco Registered

When I build a Vmod using this program I find that opening the Packager takes FOREVER to open the actual packaging interface. I recall there was a folder I had to go into to delete old mods which would speed up the opening of the program again. Does anyone recall what needs to be deleted in order for the program to open swiftly?

FYI I've already deleted all the old .mas from the Appdata>Roaming>~Mastemp folder. That didnt work. I am sure i am missing something really easy.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  20. Brent

Brent Registered

Sorry I'm just coming across this Depco but for information sake delete this file. Users\name\appdata\roaming\pkginfo.dat

It seems MAS2 stores all of the Vmods and components you've ever built into this file and over time it slows the loading time of the MAS packager. Eventually the MAS2 will crash and not launch. Deleting the file fixes it, next time you launch MAS2 it creates a new one and it loads up quick again.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018