AI pit issue with Albert Park

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by RoboCAT10, Mar 18, 2017.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I am using the FISIR2012 car set. This problem is only happening on one track (Melbourne by FSR I believe). Anyway, the AI drivers will miss the pits when their tyres are worn, and then will complete the next lap by driving slow and swerving all over the road. While I know this is a track issue, I have used this track mod for the past couple of years and have not come across this issue. I find this very confusing how all of a sudden there is this problem. Does anyone have an idea if this is an easy fix?

2. stonec

stonec Registered

As author of most FSR tracks, I can admit FSR tracks aren't really tested for offline AI use. We release those tracks so that other leagues can use them, but they are not AI optimized in any way. Probably recording a new pit path in dev mode would solve it.

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

It's weird though, because I used this exact same track mod last year with no issue. The AI do eventually pit, but only after a lap of early braking and sudden swerving.

I've also tested a couple of other versions of Albert Park, but they carry the same issue.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@RoboCAT10 There have been changes to the AI code in that time, so it's possible some interaction between that and the track(s) you're trying is causing the issue now despite being fine in the past. Multiple tracks from separate sources (assuming they aren't based on one) seems unusual, but maybe it's age-related or something.

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Perhaps the tracks are based on the same one. Still other tracks work fine though. If the change of the AI code is effecting it, is there a way that I can quickly fix it?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Depends what's actually causing the issue really. Rebuilding part or all the AIW may be required, as stonec suggested.

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I
    I don't feel too conpfortable with that as I would have no idea what I'm doing, and also the tracks AI was very good (well it was) so I don't want to mess it up. It's hard to say what's causing the issue because it's just come out of no where.

Also they don't have a problem entering the pits. It's just that they do a messy outlap of sorts before actually coming in.

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I did another test with the same track, and on lap 1 I noticed one of the AI knocked off his front wing. The AI driver begun to swerve over the track until he reached the pits. So from this, I don't believe the AI are missing their pit stops - they're just having very unusual 'in-laps'. Regardless whether they're pitting for new tyres or a new front wing. So there must be something somewhere, a bug, that is causing these in-laps (on this specific track) to happen.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

If you would read this forum regulary and a bit carefully, you would know that this bug appeared since for longer now....:rolleyes:
    By the way. Has nothing to do with "track modding" in which forum youre posting here....

10. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Are there any straightforward solutions to this problem?

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. Not that I know of. It´s a "hardcoded" bug.

12. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Let's hope it gets fixed very soon then in the next build. (?)