DCS - World

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by TheMattyOnline, Mar 16, 2017.

1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I saw this mentioned in another thread, but rather than clutter that one up, i though i'd ask some questions here.

So, unbelievably, i had never heard of this before so i thought i'd grab it off steam and give it a go.
    Other than having a learning curve as steep as my wife's interest in hand bags, it looks amazing!

I'm using my Edtracker, which really adds to the immersion, and i also extracted my Saitek X52 set out of the loft. (Last used in my Battlefield 2 days!)

The only issue i can see with the game is the price of the add on / dlc packs, which is insane ;)

Are there any must have mods/dlc that are considered essential?

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Well, you can have fun with the base package, especially if you are not a flight sim nut. The SU25T has a semplified avionics but a good flight model, and it can be fun... if you like slow bricks that can fly with style. and a lot of AG weaponry.
    Fortunaltely, very often there are special offers and package with good discounts.
    Then after you get familiar with DCS world you will decide over which "real" simulated aircraft you want to invest your time.. and money.
    Ka50 is very fun, and there are nice campaigns for it. A10 is one of the "classics" : big gun, lot of stuff that goes boom.
    BUT they also come with very thick manuals : the KA50 startup procedure is 3 minutes long, the A10 I think is more than 10.. (but you don't really need to be able to perform that, but this give you the depth of the simulation).
    There are mods arounds for sounds of textures here and there but they usually are vehicle related.. so maybe give them a look after you choose what to fly. If you want to wait a bit more, there should be a F/A 18 in the pipeline, but if you like old but gold, the SAAB VIGGEN is a lot of fun, but a friend of mine that own it said that is quite complex (if he said this, I think it's a bit too much for a newbie).

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I love DCS but stupid rF2 takes up too much time. DCS is the rF2 of the aviation world. I particularly enjoy the Sabre v Mig or the Mig v Sabre. Massive closing speeds and cannons (or the odd - not very accurate - missile)

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have the KA50 since long before. Is that added if i install DCS World? I mean if it can be used in World.

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes now the accounts have been merged, I too bought Blackshark long before DCS world, but now I have my KA50 INTO DCS for free. Don't know how it works under steam, but when you login in your DCS installation, it recognize all the item you bought and they are there.

6. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

You will need to have the original key though.

7. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

In steam, You'll have to get Black Shark 2 to incorporate it into DCS world. It was a big deal when it was released a lot of people complained, but it is what it is. To use the Hokum DCS world you will need BS2.