Latest Roadmap Update - March 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Awesome!

vegaguy5555, bluet and Alex72 like this.
  3. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

A little bit of pee came out when I saw that Radical!!! Peeps, this is looking fan-bloody-tastic. Roll on 1st May. Wonder how many holidays I have left in work?

4. Fuzzmutt

Fuzzmutt Registered

Looking great, really stoked for the future update. Two things Id like to mention are the overly bright barriers in the night lighting image, they almost appear fullbright which kind of kills the vastly improved look. Another thing Im concerned about is transition between the UI and in-engine environment. Concidering the amount of mods I have installed, rf2 does take its sweet time to load up by now. Hope the time transitioning between garage screen/ UI and sim wont cause unnecessary long loading times

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Based on those screens I think it'll be worth the wait :)

vegaguy5555, Alex72, RaceNut and 5 others like this.
  6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

thanks for the update

the night shot look glorious !

vegaguy5555 and bluet like this.
  7. rer8

rer8 Registered

Thank you for sharing your vision for a "polished" rFactor 2. I am really looking forward to see the visual up upgrades. This is very good news indeed. Well done!

vegaguy5555 and Alex72 like this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update, looking forward to May, new screens look good (Sun Rays are a bit too yellow at Bathurst though!), UI looks decent.

One note on this bit in the VR section:
    "To complete the experience, we are integrating VR with the new UI"
    This is great, but can we please have an option to run the UI on a normal screen and then VR in a Race Weekend? Or won't it work like that and have to be in VR for everything from start up?
    Thanks

vegaguy5555 and Adrianstealth like this.
  9. Depco

Depco Registered

Thanks for the update. I was briefly disappointed for the delay in releasing the DX11 update. But after a few minutes I came to grips with the wait. I think releasing the complete overhaul in one fail swoop will be a better decision than doing it piecemeal. Unfortunately it then means that the update will come mid-season for our league. We thought that the DX11 update would come between our last season and the upcoming one. Oh well. such is life. At least it should be released on a Monday (May 1st) so that should allow league and server admins to update and work out any kinks.

Any chance we can get some video of the new DX11 content? Something to whet the appetite?. Maybe a nice side by side comparison of DX9 Vs DX11? a FPS counter or something to show the improvements? I know I am asking alot. We have been chomping at the bit for this long overdue upgrade. (not S397's fault) So maybe a video or two would help us feel better about the wait...

Again, Thanks.

10. Magus

Magus Registered

Roll on 1st of May & I personally am delighted to hear that you aim to roll out DX11 with VR together. I have always been a huge fan of your product and this roadmap fills me with optimism. Loving the Radical, can't wait to try that in VR!

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thanks for the detailed roadmap update. I'm so looking forward for VR support! Only one small criticism - I think calling rfactor2 simply a "game" doesn't do justice - I think "racing simulation" is more appropriate.

12. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

What sort of Post Effects are you adding?
    Where is the UI element for gear group selection?

Guimengo likes this.
  13. Paulinho

Paulinho Registered

The progress you are making with this sim is brilliant, very impressed with your work :D thank you.

vegaguy5555 and bluet like this.
  14. felthat

felthat Registered

that first picture with godrays represents rf2 bright future :D

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  15. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Post processing effects will be adjustable or not? To me blue bloom on motec screen appears too strong/distracting.

16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I'm wondering just how they are affording to do all this,given that they have made the online aspect free,and either don't charge extortionate amounts,cough cough (iracing),or have the numbers like console games.
    Make me more appreciative of the effort studio 397 are putting in.

Take your time guys,no rush,release when you are satisfied it meets your standards.

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Now we get godrays because of the non-perfect VR fresnel lenses and artificial ones from the gfx engine. I wish I could disable both.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Thanks for the update, looking forward to May.

IMHO in the UI ... I'd like more info per page in the setup sections, even if it is a little "cluttered". I, and others I think, hate jumping back and forth between pages to do setups, I prefer them all on a minimum of pages. Your version is "pretty", but not particularly functional.

Guimengo said something similarly.

ericRacer likes this.
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great!

Great!

Great!

Thanks for the update & good communication it's really great

Great stuff

20. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

The overall direction for gfx looks very exciting. I agree with earlier comments that the glowing Radical dash and god rays look somewhat overdone but let's all remember - W.I.P.
    I like the concept of grouping setup elements in the way you have done, but agree with earlier comments that the example page looks rather sparse.
    I think the decision to delay the big update so that all the key enhancements are introduced at the same time is a good call. I'm more than happy enough with the driving experience in rF2 right now to be able to wait until May.