Centralised Event Calendar

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Rich Goodwin, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hey guys.

Not sure if this already exists (Please let me know if it does) but I am trying to put together a centralised calendar so that people can see, at-a-glance, what they can race a given day, regardless of sim.

This is an example
    [​IMG]

I'd like other league admins to communicate with me and send me details so I can enter them in to the calendar.

The calendar can also be exported to Apple, Outlook and Google calendars.

The Pitlanes.com logo in that list next to the events for SRS is where I have entered my team in to the race. I'd like, also, to expand upon this with more teams but I'm still trying to figure out how to add more than two teams to an event (yes it's a ready made thing, any wordpress guru's out there who would like to work with me on making this better, feel free to contact me also).

I hope to add most major sims to this - I just like sim racing pretty much equally across the board. I want to enable people to race in a simpler way by just looking in one place and being able to plan and such.

If you're interested in adding your event to the calendar email me at events@pitlanes.com or submit at http://www.pitlanes.com/submit-event-calendar/ and I will get back to you.

A good format is the following;

Server name:
    Password:
    Date:
    Track:
    Car:
    Time practice starts:
    Practice length:
    Qualifying length:
    Race length:

Also include any particular graphics, event, competiton, season names also.

Check it out at http://www.pitlanes.com/calendar/events/

It's not totally "LIVE" yet, but will be shortly.

Also if you have a team and want to sign up to the site to help me with testing, email driver names, team name, driver pic, driver bio and team logo to events@pitlanes.com

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Definitely a god idea. The problem is make leagues adopt.
    We are expecting the new rf2 competition infrastructure to have this built-in.

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Indeed, ebenica. But will it include other sims? My last intention is to dilute the userbase of any given sim, actually the opposite.

My idea is that people like me who will just as happily spend an evening on RaceRoom as I would rFactor 2 could take a quick look and see "oh, actually, that rFactor 2 event looks good tonight" instead of aimlessly fumbling about not really doing anything.

Indeed, it could work the other way, but I doubt it, I feel it would be positive.

I wonder how many people check here for events? just rFactor 2 drivers? Maybe someone would see a calendar with all sims in and try one they have not in a while.

That's my hope, though.

4. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

This sounds appropriate for pickup events but doesn't seem suitable for league races where members need to be inscribed.

IMO the initiative for enhancing casual races should be leaded by S397. This individual efforts where different racing platforms are included are likely to fail IMO.

Sorry for sounding so negative :(

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

No problem. Not many have taken up the idea - Which is fine. I just like to bring the sim racing community together, that's all. I'm not especially biased for one sim or another.