Better REPLAY controls

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ricklandia, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Likely mentioned before but today was one of the first times I've looked at a replay since one of the very early builds.
    RF1 Replay controller had a "slow motion" setting if I recall, and/or using the Left-Right keyboard arrows allowed you to step through replays frame by frame.

I realize it doesn't sound sexy, but having this control was actually extremely useful for our league. We had/have a Stewards office, including a Chief steward and group of Race Stewards who's function is to scrutinize Raceday replays for both Qualifying Session infractions [cutting corners for example] and any race incidents. Past experience showed having this "slow motion" ability to be extremely vital in getting Stewards judgments correct. The current controls are very imprecise and 'jumpy' - very hard to control replays accurately and with the fine controls to see exactly what you're looking for.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't recall a frame by frame control in rF1 but all the controls I do remember are also in rF2.

The space bar will pause/play. The down arrow is a momentary slowmo. As long as you are holding the down arrow it plays in slowmo. The left arrow will rewind and then right arrow will fast forward. You can sort of get frame by frame by first pausing (space) and then quickly pressing and releasing the down arrow. You can also hold the down and left arrow at the same time to play backwards in slowmo.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

When I think about replays I instantly recall Grand Prix Legends and Nascar Racing 2003 with their nice clickable options, sharp looks, and all the camera and car possibilities.

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

Agreed, it was the perfect system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

5. flexodood

flexodood Registered

some zoom and perspective options would be nice....

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Zoom and much different perspective options are already there! What exactly are you missing??

7. DavidG

DavidG Registered

The GPL system with the option to jump straight to the start of any lap (as I think you can in iRacing) would do for me.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

That could come in handy, good idea.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Rfactor 1 had an editor within the replay controls

It was basic but effective & I use to use it regular

Be great if something similar was in rfactor 2 , a basic replay editor is a good feature imo

10. MetalMania

MetalMania Registered

+1 for a replay editor, even if it just allowed cutting out the parts I don't want to keep and had all the same controls that are already there. I currently have replays off (but still save hotlaps, so I can at least watch a replay at the end of a session) because I don't want to keep a whole race for the sake of a few highlight laps.

Also, I'd really like the option to save a replay to be in the replay window of the session itself, instead of a "global" setting in the options menu. Instead of having to record ALL replays and delete them after, I think it would be better to individually select to keep them after a session.