Released Released NOLA Motorsports Park!!! v100

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Stan

Stan Registered

@Guimengo:
    Thanks for the tip... will try, but I don't remember having remarked it that much on any others tracks!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Understood.
    As I said, I didnt really realised it while driving or watching driver from outside. (but obviously other users)

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

In common with others here I prefer my race tracks not to be so flat. But after an hour's test with the Camaro GT3 I find this track to be really quite enjoyable. For the most part it seems to flow well (the A layout anyway) and it does demand precision.
    Reminds me of a big Palm Beach, actually.

Congrats to S397 for the first new track release. And many thanks.

TJones and MarcG like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thank You .

Am i the only one seeing massive flicker and crawl as i leave the pits on the grandstand next to the ferris wheel ?
    Really distracting .
    I can only imagine at 1080p how bad this must look as i'm at 3840x2160p and it still looks huge even the tyre barrier over at the back of the circuit has lots of flicker .
    Will this be one of the things that DirectX11 will help ? because we will be able to run even higher AA settings
    Im currently maxing out in game AA and using Inspector to force even higher AA but the crawl on those fences is pretty awful .
    Sorry to diss on this otherwise great release .

Is the grandstand and ferris wheel supposed to be only in the first track layout ?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  5. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro Registered

THANK you for this beatiful track :)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No you are not the only one.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ok, two things. First... How do you find your way out of the pit area? I'm gonna need some lime green line painted on the parking lot/garage area so I can find the trac....I mean the long long pit area and THEN the track!
    2nd. One of my pet peaves about sim tracks is when optional parts of the circuit create nasty bumps (usually on the edges) as you cross over unused portions of the racing surface. I've only tried the D layout so far and THANKFULLY, crossing the back straight several times DOES NOT jangle my wheel nor upset the car. S397 gets a big thumbs up for that.
    ((I'm just imagining what NOLA would be like if they had some hills like in Virginia [see VIR].))
    Thanks, this track is a definite winner!

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

wow, the track is amazing, the flow is awesome ! I just tried the C layout with the long straight line. I am impress. Tried the USF2000, the GT500 and the GT2 Corvette. That was amazing.
    Thanks again :)

cristianuk and Sergio Loro like this.
  9. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Excellent job!!!
    Usf 2000 + nola= pleasure

Eric Rowland and Sergio Loro like this.
  10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

@2ndLastJedi

I don't have any flicker and fences are looking pretty solid and stable. You should check your settings;

Check you are NOT running a mix of GPU FSAA and FXAA. If you have FXAA active, turn it off and use just in game FSAA.
    Open your player.JSON and check you have the Transparency Antialiasing set to True ("Transparency AA":true,)
    If you are running specific GPU settings for rF2, or inspector tweaks, reset them to defaults and push just on game settings.

Marcel Offermans and Sergio Loro like this.
  11. MMartin

MMartin Registered

I did two races yesterday night with GT500@ Nola layout D and C... Lot of fun :)
    Good job S397 and Tuttle ;) ciao

Christopher Elliott and Flaux like this.
  12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I think I saw you there. ;-)

MMartin likes this.
  13. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Yep!!! Nice race :)

Flaux likes this.
  14. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Thanks, beautifull track. Just one makor upset. Tried the urd egt and px cars on the a layout. When exeting the pit, the ai cars having trouble to avoid the garagebuildings on the other side. Their turnangle seems to be to big, essoecialy the px cars. They collide with the buildings, so they exit the garagespot with damage already

15. Tuttle

Room there it's 9 meters average from car nose to Garage ramp pave and 12 meters from car nose to Garage facade. You should not need to a 2 times manouver to exit. If it's not just AI, you could try steering before apply throttle and/or apply a bit of reverse gear if you have room on the back, and then turn end exit. If it's just with AIs, we tested the track with a wide field of different cars, and we never had this ussue. I would investigate it's not AI related.

hexagramme likes this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks for a reply :)
    I've reset nVidia Inspector and Transparency AA is already true and i've turned off FXAA but how do i use FSAA?
    Is that just level 4?
    I'm using a GTX 1070 / i56600k @ 4k and i've turned off track reflections but all else is full of max and was using 4x MSAA / 2x sparse grid .

17. Tuttle

Yeah, GTX1070 (you have same card as me) goes up to Level 4. Try with that please, and if possible post a screenshot of what you are reporting so we can better target the issue.

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Above the blue Corvette on the Grandstand is the main issue for me .
    This is reset inspector and 4x AA in game .
    Even those fences right in front shimmer .
    Screen shots dont show it really .

Attached Files:

19. Tuttle

A bit of Texel/Pixel fluctuation is completely expected in every game, especially on thin and distant elements, unless you don't force the output to be filtered by supersampling. Everything going outside the 1:1 ratio it will produce fluctuations between texel and pixels, in the form of moiree, or a bit of vibration on distant stuff. Said that, your output is not really matching your early description ("a massive flicker"), so please, we should all try to not use hyperboles to describe issues we think to have.

In other words; your output is fine. :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Oh , Sorry .
    What would you suggest eg. supersampling wise (as sparse grid doesn't really do anything) to help as this is really distracting and to me it is massive . It happens around the back grandstand also .