New graphics card same issues

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by VAustinElly, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

Ok I'm confused. I couldn't race on rf2 with high settings with my old card and understandably so my old card was the GeForce GT 730 4GB, I recently installed my new card the GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb and I still can't race in rf2 with high graphics settings. When I turned all the settings up it was choppy as heck and unplayable. I don't get it. With this card I should be able to max out the graphics settings and have no issues but that is not the case. Does anyone have an idea on why this is? On iracing my settings are maxed out and I can run with 300-700fps if I left it unchecked, but I limited it to 142fps. This Sim however, does exactly the same thing no matter what graphics card I have installed. I can't run with any settings higher than medium and that just simply shouldn't be the case.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

What is your processor? Track and car you are using? Also "all on full" things like AA don't need to be on max it will only cost performance without giving any improvement

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Is your card assigned in video settings (config)?
    Go on the gear-wheel symbol in rF2 launcher and click on video settings.
    Take a screenshot or tell us what you see.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I use the same video card as you do without any problem with RF2 on a 7 year old P7 (upgrade from GTX 770, check my profile).
    So there is a problem with your hardware configuration or soft configuration for RF2.
    As I have a 60 Mhz monitor (1920 by 1280) I see no use for more than 60 fps, I use Rf2 with Vsync in windowed mode.

Sorry not to be more helpful, but I am sure there is a simple solution for your problems.

Check Will Mazeo advice.

Cheers.

5. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

My windows index scores are as follows.
    Processor= 7.3
    Memory (RAM) = 7.3
    Graphics= 7.9
    Gaming graphics = 7.9
    Primary hard disk= 6.4

The PC is as follows:
    MSI GAMING 970 AM3 MOTHERBOARD
    AMD FX 4350 VISHERA QUAD CORE 4.2 GHZ PROCESSOR
    16GB RAM
    SEAGATE CONSTELLATION ES HARD DRIVE 1TB HD MEMORY
    GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GRAPHICS CARD.
    750 WATT POWER SUPPLY
    My monitor is my Vizio 50" 1080P HD Smart TV
    hardware my computer is just fine. It's gotta be a software issue somewhere with rf2 exclusively as my other two PC games which are star wars the old Republic MMO and iracing both have settings on high ( I also have ps4)
    I do not have V-Sync turned on and I don't run rf2 in window mode. Rf2 recognizes my graphics card so I don't know what else to do to fix it. I know there are posts about this issue but I suck at trying to find them.

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Os version? 32/64 bit?
    Which track and car are you testing with? For tests try with official contents.
    Are you forcing some GPU setting via Control Panel? If yes, reset your rF2 GPU profile and use defaults.
    Also try cleaning your shader and cbash cache and also create a fresh config and player file.

Shader cache is here; ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Shaders\
    Collision cache is here; ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\CBash\
    Player file is here; ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\player.JSON
    Config file is here; ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Config.ini

You could also save your controller setting on a different location (to be reused), if you have any special one, and delete the entire Userdata folder. Then open steam, right click on rF2 game, properties, and then in the Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity of game files. This way you will start with a fresh user folder with no shader/cbash/Logs cache and mess.

7. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

Operating system is 64 bit.

8. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I have had thought of Uninstalling the game entirely and re installing completely. Why doesn't rf2 auto configure graphics like most games do? Or at least have the option to do so?

9. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

After doing what some of you pointed out my problem seems to be fixed. All of my graphic settings are on high and in both a stock car and indy car I had no stuttering what so ever. I think the biggest help was right clicking on rf2 in steam and verifying the files as it found 5 files that were bad and fixed them I also deleted the user data and re did that as well. Thank you all for your help it was greatly appreciated!

Flaux likes this.
  10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Glad you solved. :)

bwana and Lgel like this.
  11. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

Me too! This Sim has been issues for me since I first installed it going from my wheel not acting right to the stuttering issue. I finally have both solved. I'm excited about that as I have really wanted to like this Sim the whole time that's why I never gave up on it. I am an iracing driver as well but it's nice to race a quality Sim offline when I just want to have some fun and not have to worry about someone else ruining my race. Now I can't wait until Direct X11 comes out!

John and Tuttle like this.
  12. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I run a similar card - GTX 1060 Ti 6 GB and not only can you run full graphics settings through the game, you should have enough grunt spare to forcibly upgrade some graphics settings using NVidia's 3D settings control panel. Your mileage will vary with that, but I increase AA higher than the in game settings allow, AF settings too and you could do other stuff like rendering at a higher resolution using DSR.
    Food for thought as you can noticeably improve the game's visual appearance higher than its own stock settings permit :)