Logitech Wingman formula force GP FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mesfigas, Feb 25, 2017.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have this steering wheel is it really too old ?
    do i miss a lot of info while i drive comparing with a steering wheel made today and cost 100 euros
    i bought this steering wheel at 2002 for 70 euros

help please :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Quick google says it still works as a generic wheel, but doesn't have support from 7 (or maybe Vista) onwards and Logitech provides no drivers. You can probably use it to accelerate, brake, steer, change gear etc, but it will never have force feedback. If you've never had force feedback you won't know what you're missing, so you can probably use it fine. Just don't try someone else's better wheel, or you'll want one.

*Also make sure you check your pedals for 'spiking', but if you've had it for 15 years you probably know all about it. :p

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

It has has force feedback and drivers for win7 x64

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oh, really? I know it's a FFB wheel, but posts I found from people with it said it had no drivers for Windows 7 and FFB wouldn't work.

But hey, if it works, it's good enough. As long as it doesn't have excessive free play in the wheel or pedals that can't move smoothly (or can't hit full or zero with reasonable travel) you should be fine.

The expensive stuff is obviously closer to reality, and for many people can help them go faster, but there are plenty of fast people out there with cheap equipment too.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I was just thinking to buy a new wheel for 100-150 euros in case that my wheel is out of date physics wize.
    I can found a thrustmaster for 160 euros but not sure if it is a good step from a wheel that cost 100 euros.

6. Keeper

Keeper Registered

I don't know about the "GP" version, but the venerable LWFF wheel can be used on Win7 and Win10, via a modified driver for a Saitek wheel. I don't use the LWFF wheel anymore since getting a G27 at last, but I do still have the modified driver.