[REL] Stock Car Resurrection 1971-1972 BETA May 1st 2017

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by toebee, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Tried these as well. Hell a lot of fun!! Thanks for bringing us this

MoparBob likes this.
  2. Cheeveer

Cheeveer Registered

I'm seeing a curious bug however. The AI cars flicker around very much in an offline race, like if they were racing on a bad connection. I've tried on Jacksonville and Alabama thus far.

3. toebee

toebee Registered

Hmm IDK. Do you have visible vehicles set high enough in your graphic settings? Also I haven't touched the a.i. stuff yet so they will probably be worse than normal.

MoparBob likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's not a bug with the mod. That's the game running out of real time due to performance issues wich are most likely caused by the missing LODs

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Took it out for a few laps last night at Silverstone Classic and Bathurst, just to kill myself LOL! It is a great time!

Great stuff and a great start! I can only see this getting better and better!

MoparBob likes this.
  6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Amazing work so far, what a cool classic vibe this mod gives. Really good stuff!

I did a few laps at Jacksonville with a bunch of AI and noticed they were having trouble on the exit of T4, hitting the outside wall and losing control. This happened during the first few laps and caused quite a bit of carnage. I know early days still, but just thought I'd mention it.

Except for that, pack racing worked flawlessly, the AI seems to be tuned well in regards to draft efficiency etc. Tons of fun.

Keep up the great work! :)

MoparBob likes this.
  7. Darpa181

Darpa181 Registered

It makes me smile. Great job bringing back some memories from my youth! Feel pretty good, you have to drive them instead of just mat it.

MoparBob likes this.
  8. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

Toby... Thank you so much for putting all of this together, first and foremost...! You rock! Also, thanks for the street cred about my involvement with the planning, painting and physics. I appreciate that. Any chance you could post a video or two or some screenies on Google of some racing/wrecks, etc? Did any old school tracks come in the beta package? I am still on an XP box so unfortunately, I can't take advantage of the mod, or even rf2 for that matter... Thanks again for everything. I hope everyone likes what they see... :)

9. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks, and you're welcome. I haven't had much time for stuff like that. As you can probably tell by the steam workshop page. It only has a few screens and an old video. I will try. You can find a video of a guy testing it on YouTube, but he doesn't try to adjust the setup, and the a.i. are complete freaks on the track he chooses. Overall it has been a positive release. First week on Steam shows over 1,500 views and close to 1,000 installs. 30 thumbs up 3 thumbs down (can't make everyone happy). There are still some issues with the physics that I am working on. Unfortunately no tracks yet. That will be way off in the future. I may release an update to the mod with a few newer tracks that they use to race, strictly for racing against the a.i.. I think that is the only way I will get the Oval a.i. to behave.

MoparBob likes this.
  10. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

10-4... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

11. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Having trouble braking without abs set to low :), I've only tried it on road courses though, its probably fine for ovals.
    This is great stuff, thanks.

12. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks for the input. Have you tried adjusting the brake pressure and/or bias in the garage?

MoparBob likes this.
  13. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Nope, just assumed I sucked, which is usually correct.
    I'll try a few things tomorrow.

14. toebee

toebee Registered

Here is a video some one else made. 1st persons view on a road course against the ai.

MoparBob likes this.
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

So much recent content & updates released that I just got around to looking at this. Stupid cold bug has me feeling under the weather, so I let the AI do all the driving. What I noticed:
    1) Rearview mirror is activated in non-player cars, so all the AI cars show the player's rearview mirror. Can possibly save some fps by turning off in non-player cars?
    2) Compared to Dissenter, the AI is more prone to banging fenders and slapping walls. Try AI race at Mountain Peak. Is this due to less grip? Do you want help poking around at improving AI behavior?
    3) Compared to Dissenter, the skin resolution is lower. It's noticeable with the cars immediately in front & beside the player. Since Dissenter's skin doesn't seem to adversely affect fps, maybe these could be higher resolution?

P.S. I'll try to get some driving time in tomorrow.

MoparBob likes this.
  16. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks for the input Emery.
    1) When I tested the mirrors I saw no difference in fps. I suppose it might affect some. My hardware is more of a budget build. Just a i3 with a 380x. I liked the immersion factor so I left it. However I have also thought of just setting them to the same type of shader/texture I use to produce the chrome parts.
    2) Yes the a.i. or horrible. Part of it is less grip and more power than most other mods. If the a.i. path is made to close to a wall, apron, or grass it can cause an issue. The other issue is the beta has zero a.i. stuff in it as far as track variations in the rcd. I am always open to people taking a look and improving what I have done. Except I am releasing an update shortly which should improve a lot on the a.i. so you might want to hold off until then.
    3) I don't know about the skin issue. Could you post a screenshot? All of the skins are in 2048x2048.

P.S. Just a heads up the update is going to affect the physics some as well. More so oval stuff.

MoparBob likes this.
  17. toebee

toebee Registered

Version 0.90 is out. Updated the OP

MoparBob, SRGP and Mauro like this.
  18. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Amazing mod

MoparBob likes this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Liking the improvements! AI are generally working better and the driving experience is definitely enhanced due to the tire update.

On the skins, when I looked at them in Photoshop, it appears that the Dissenter skins use a higher quality AA for the fonts when the skins were created.

MoparBob likes this.
  20. jymp

jymp Registered

To me could use a bit more grip, right now feels like I'm driving on ice, maybe more stability ?, but that's just me. also noticed the Petty 71' Plymouth blue looks a bit wrong, should have the same blue as the Petty 72' Charger, thanks for the updates Toebee

MoparBob likes this.