rFactor 2 AI compare to Real life Human Go-Kart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fullsus, Feb 23, 2017.

1. fullsus

fullsus Registered

My often to play rF2 0:30 hr. per day 3-5 days per week.

After I practice Left foot braking 2 weeks before go to real life Go-Kart.
    Set AI to suit my driving skill.
    AI Strenght 93%
    AI aggressive 35%
    I feel comfort to use left foot braking that's same method in real life.

The important thing is AI in rF2.
    Learning from AI
    - How to race side by side.
    - How to Overtake or to be overtaked.
    - How to catch AI within 0.3 - 0.5 sec.

Time to real life Electric Go-Kart with my friends.

You can see. I feel comfort to overtake the slower car. I compare my speed to opponent and decide to overtake or not. If speed is OK, I choose the best line to overtake with my confident same as I choose in rF2.

I can catch faster opponent as close as possible. If I see the open gap to overtake, I will do immediately.

Big difference AI vs Real life:
    @ 9:00 min.Racing Incident.
    Guy alongside me don't give me room to overtake so crash happened.
    AI in rF2 never do like these :)

While I'm driving in real life sometime I feel as I race with AI rF2 at home. Very fantastic !

Please share your experience.

vegaguy5555, hexagramme and peterchen like this.
  2. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Registered

I really think you should set the AI higher in RF2 - they are little more than moving chicanes, and you will never improve much racing them. Of course if all you want is to enjoy blasting past slower cars, then go for it - it's your game and your free time.
    If it takes me 5 or 10 laps to get past an opponent, then that is where I get the enjoyment, AI or online or on the track.

And again with your friends; for the first 5 minutes they are tip-toeing around the track and you just catch and pass them at will. If you are only using your PC for 30 minutes a day, let them come around and practise on it while your are 'enjoying' family time! That way, they might put up a fight next time you go karting.

As for that racing incident.........I reckon that was all on you!

But thanks for posting the videos, and enjoy your driving whichever way you like.
    Sorry if I sound critical - but hopefully you will find it constructive rather than insulting. You are better than your opposition, no doubt. I just think you would have more fun if you help them get better (and in doing so, maybe improve your own skills.)

fullsus likes this.
  3. fullsus

fullsus Registered

This is first lap of me and my friend at this Track layout (Change layout every month). I'm only one that play simulator. My friends play Go-Kart Every month but they never play sim before. I play Go-kart only 2-3 times per year but play sim almost everyday.

May be rFactor 2 make me feel confident to almost full throttle at the first lap of the track that never seen before.

I think that is not sound critical. No Problem. Thanks for suggestion. :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it's cool that you're gaining confidence by using rF2 for practice, but you need to adjust the AI so they aren't so forgiving. Your 'incident' at 9:20 was you going for a gap that wasn't there. Your friend did a better job at 7:48, but even he should have recognised his position earlier and stayed behind to keep more momentum on the next straight.

Your rF2 vid, at 3:58 you overtake from behind at high speed. If you did that in real life someone could get seriously hurt, and that would be your fault too (the too-cautious rF2 AI you're racing just gets out of your way).

fullsus likes this.
  5. fullsus

fullsus Registered

I'm only one that play simulator and rarely to Go-Kart real life. My friends surprise about my driving skill. I said You must try rFactor 2 you can drive at your home everyday.

@Lazza. Thanks for very clearly explain the incident.

I never think about that. I'm novice on real life. Thanks for warning the important thing. I won't do this in real life.

vegaguy5555 and Mr_Mints_Taboo like this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks for making these videos!

This is very interesting!

With my latest Cobra video I was trying to demonstrate the fluidness of rF2. I really like how one reaction flows to the next.

I can see that in your comparison videos.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    fullsus likes this.