[REL] F1 1999 Conversion v1.0

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by SL1DE, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Remain only tires))

2. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I'm working on it. It might come with the 1.0 release, I plan to make it a big release with all the finishing touches.

I thought of this cool idea I want to try. Since the tyres are like inside-out, what if I changed the bump map to sort of be the opposite, make the groves on the outside of the tyre so it loads in game as the opposite effect which will actually be correct. If that makes sense.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If your tyres are inside out, flip the polys?

4. djokito

djokito Registered

Hi Schumi !

I spend some hour driving around ISI's Montreal track, and I'd like to help you building this mod in giving you my feedback.

I really enjoyed the nervous feeling of the car. not perfect yet, but i'm sure it will be with your work. it was a pleasure pushing it every lap and try to find the limit. lil' question, why is the stewart so fast ? It's the fastest car in this mod.

For an unknown reason, the Williams car are not available anymore in single player. they only show up in League Edition. I can provide you a picture if you need one.

Without any surprise,the textures of the cars are far from perfect yet, event if I know this is one thing you are focusing on at the moment.
    About the tires texture, the intermediate and wet one from the 2001 mod look way better that in the 99 one IMO. maybe you should considere using it for all your mods.

Since you are working on several conversion, I'm wondering if there's a chance for you to work on F1 98 GPteam by Rainieri (would be absolubly PERFECT with the 98' trackpack !), or F1 1997 WCP ? These were all time great 90's F1 mod, and I'd love to see them on RF2

thats all for me, thanks A LOT for everything, and keep up the good work !

F1Aussie likes this.
  5. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I think you've been mistaken, this is my conversion not Schumi's.

I've noticed that there's a conflict with my mod and Schumi's 2002 mod. The Williams' have the same VEH file names so the game doesn't load both. Uninstalling the 2002 mod will help until one of us changes the name of our Williams VEH file.

6. djokito

djokito Registered

oh sorry!

but i was really talking to you. so everything in my previous post is for you;)

alright i'lltry to remove F1 2002

thanks for the quick reply !

7. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Hi) in the next update F1 2002, I will do everything to eliminate the conflict of our mods)

8. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Oh cool, I was going to do it, but if you are then that'll help me out a lot and let me work on other things.

Thanks!

Schumi likes this.
  9. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I will add physics for Single, so will not be difficult for me to rename the files at the same time:)

10. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Preview of my new tyre tread textures "inspired" by ASR's 2004 Ferrari. :p
    20170218175308_1.jpg 20170218175335_1.jpg 20170218175349_1.jpg 20170218175653_1.jpg

Kept the original sidewall, because I like how the text looked 3d.
    20170218180639_1.jpg

The mod is slowly being brought into this generation, I just wish people in the Steam comments would stop complaining about "Graphics suck, waah waaah crap mod". They probably never even done any rFactor modding, they have no idea how time consuming it is.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Bjørn, Uff, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  11. Arturo Smaglia

Arturo Smaglia Registered

You're doing a fantastic job. How can I have that T-Cam?

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You hit the nail on the head. Don't worry about it and try not to let them get to you.

You're doing amazing work, the mod is coming along very nicely and I can't wait for further updates.
    The new previews bode very well!

This exact season is one I've been waiting for since the beginning of rF2. It's so awesome that you've decided to do it and to do it the right way. Keep it up. :)

bears, SL1DE and F1Aussie like this.
  13. Uff

Uff Registered

We all want beautiful and realistic mods, but you just don't wake up one day and do the perfect mod. One has to start at some point, then there is plenty of time to improve: you're doing a very good job, so don't be discouraged by people who only look at a couple of screens and then they spread their rage all over the place. ;)

bears, hexagramme and F1Aussie like this.
  14. bears

bears Registered

You are doing a great job try not to let folks like that get to you

Woodee and F1Aussie like this.
  15. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Version 0.9996 is out on Steam!

- New Tyre Textures
    - New Tyre Model (better grip, you can actually drive the cars without traction control now!)
    - Pitting for Inters and Wets now changes tyre texture/pattern.

(Actually at the time of posting, it's still uploading, but by the time people see this it should be done uploading)

Now that the hard work is done, it's time to reward myself by watching the latest episode of Black Sails.

Woodee, F1Aussie and hexagramme like this.
  16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The new update feels and looks fantastic, thank you so much! :)

After selecting 21 AI, I was wondering why I was seeing 4 BAR cars on the grid, some with made-up AI drivers names.
    Then I went back and looked at the opponent filter, which seems to have left out Williams and Minardi. ;)

17. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Do you have any of Schumi's mods installed? If so, then that's likely caused by cars sharing the same veh name. They're named like team_number so Williams and Minardi would've had the same car numbers for both of those seasons and neither of us changed the veh file names. So the game gets confused and loads either one or the other, in this case it's loading his instead.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah I have both 2001 and 2002 installed currently.

19. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Wow, I just noticed that Stewart isn't glossy anymore. And I didn't even change anything? What the hell? o_O

Edit: I think I need help. Stewart stopped being glossy out of no where, I've tried re-exporting it from 3DSimED and that still didn't work. wtf?

Edit 2: Fixed it... Somehow.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  20. Schumi

Schumi Registered

2001 update soon. It will be amended to eliminate conflicts ;) I changing the names on year_team_number.veh :)