Help Needed Please (Lan)

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by M.Guenette, Feb 19, 2017.

1. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Hello , Can someone guide me on how to connect with a friend who has started up a private race session
    he has set up using (Lan). I have his IP address witch I'm assuming I'll need in order to link up and join his session. Please advise as to steps needed to join. Thank You So Much

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Find your rFactor2 install. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2
    Open Launcher folder, Make a short cut from your Launch rFactor.exe. Drag it to desktop. Rename it (Example) rFactor_LAN.
    Right click, open properties, On the shortcut tab, Line reads "target" Should read something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe"

To join a set server you have the server address and password. Add these to the end of that line like this,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +connect 10.0.0.100:XXXXX +password XXXXX

Make sure all spaces and symbols are 100% correct or it want work.
    Use this shortcut to start rFactor LAN.exe only.
    Use your normal rFactor launcher.exe when online or offline
    If your LAN is offline (No net) Start Steam first. A window will open to said no connection, Two tabs. run Steam offline is the one you click. Once Steam is open. Drop it down to task bar and start rFactor using your LAN.exe

You can start rFactor without starting Steam first, You will get the same "Start Offline" window but often this method fails and rFactor wont launch.

I'd suggest you start Steam first just to be sure rFactor will launch.

Have fun. Haha....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Mario Morais likes this.