Pit stall indicator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogue22, May 1, 2016.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Is there any way to make it less transparent or brighter? It's really hard to see in the mix of a full field pit stop. Especially when you drive via Cockpit only.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think so. rF1 let you change the colour of it which could help a lot, that's never worked in rF2 unfortunately.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

It should be still possible (i've never tried it out) in rF2 to change the Color of the Pitstall and Grid Location Frame, there is an Entry for that in the player.JSON:

"Box Outline":16711680,
    "Box Outline#":"whether to draw box on ground around pitstall and grid location when necessary; -1=off, 0-16777215=RGB color",

To generate an RGB/Decimal Color Code, click the Link "My rFactor 2 online Tools" in my Signature, there you'll find a Tool for it.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Why can't the arrow be replaced with a picture of a pit dude? Even a flashing pit guy would be more visible than the arrow. Wasn't some one working on a pit crew?

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what I was referring to. It's been there since the first rF2 build, but it's never worked. I haven't tried in the last... erm... let's say ~10 builds.

Mods can be set up to have static pit crews, even different ones (colours, at least) for each team. The arrow is a backup that works with anything, if it's visible :)

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope, it`s not working. The value for the pit stall color is resetted during each start of rF2...

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, i've tried it out now.
    The changed color Value in the player.JSON don't get's overwritten, but it has no Effect.
    The Function seems to be Buggy.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  8. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks Lazza. Are there actually instructions for how to implement static pit crews anywhere?

Cheers

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

The only way that i know that currently works, is to include a "Pitcrew" directly into the Vehicle Component.
    We did it that way with the Palatov D4.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  10. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, we need a better solution from ISI, modding every car is not a satisfactory solution.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  11. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I tried the above mentioned and indeed it doesn't work.

I mean for a simulation that taunts its endurance racing ability. In a crowded pit road we have people having difficulty doing pit stops. Even worst when your color blind. Its been an on going issue and its really coming to light (no pun intended) now especially running the URD mod in multiclass, and longer stockcar races.

Please ISI address this, or give us an easier solution to fix.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  12. 73_Dave_Martin

73_Dave_Martin Registered

The difficulty of seeing the the pit indicator with the stock cars is becoming a competitive issue. Seasons are about to begin and this problem is one that adversely affects the quality of racing. Just making it more visible would be a tremendous help. ISI blew it off, never fixed it. I can't believe that making the indicator more visible is a difficult task, yet it remains a problem that doesn't seem to interest the developers. Please reconsider the negative effect this has on competitive racing. Thank you.

13. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Agreed, it's really hard to make out in a full course caution all while trying to avoid running into someone.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  14. Jim Barisoff

Jim Barisoff Registered

I agree with Dave_Martin. It's sometimes really hard to see, especially at night.
    C'mon guys, it shouldn't be that hard to fix.
    Should I mention that ARCA had a decent pit crew?

15. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Please do something about this. I'd prefer actual animated pit crews that are generic enough to work with all cars. Looking for a blinking red spot on the ground can be difficult in the best of times.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, ISI didn't manage to improve it it in 4 years despite it being one of the most requested features (to at least have improved visibility instead of the arrow). The animation system is already there in rF2 (example: animated horses), it just needs to be tied to the code to allow modders work on animated pit crews, so this feature could even be made by modders if the sim just allowed it.

Jim Barisoff likes this.
  17. 73_Dave_Martin

73_Dave_Martin Registered

I can see it being a problem to have pit crews. I'm just asking that what exists be made more visible, that can't be that difficult. Then work on pit crews.

Silvanob2 and Jim Barisoff like this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah Pit Crews made to fit every car model (Officially) released would be a lot of work to do and certainly not a main priority item I would think, a change to the Pit Icon would be better (even just the Lollipop man) but other games suffer from slacking in this area too, hope S397 do something about it soon.

19. guod

guod Registered

I'm sure there is some wonderful solution in progress but right now a big translucent rectangle would suffice in the interim until the splendor arrives later. As Dave said, it is affecting StockCar race results when guys miss their pit spot in an already crowded pit lane. This is something that is truly affecting races. Please! :D

Silvanob2 and 73_Dave_Martin like this.
  20. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Yet if we had actual pit crews, we could say "hey we have actual pit crews instead of whatever everyone else has" might be worth the effort when you think about it. It's a huge part of stock car racing and it's a bit depressing when you realize a game from 2003 had all anyone ever really wanted. Hell they could be client side for all I care.

All I'm saying is it might be worth it to put SOME effort into rectifying this issue, because it's now an actual issue.

Anyway, I hope SOMETHING is coming to address this issue.