Why is the Honda NSX so performance hungry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

As the title says , This is a totally awesome car to drive but as soon as i start driving around other NSX's the FPS take a hit . Why?
    I have similar issues with the Porsche in Apex GT3 and one of the Renaults but they don't bother me nearly as much as the NSX because there isnt anything else like it in the Sim .
    Anyway why is the Honda so hungry and is there anything i can do to help with the FPS ?

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I guess it's time for a update with latest shaders and cpm. The car is worth a big update.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Some1

Some1 Registered

Well, sadly, the NSX is not optimised for a full grid. It has no LODs, for example.

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think you can enable to LODs via upgrade.

5. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

I think the NSX is the biggest performance hog of all the ISI cars. Those around Interlagos used to make my PC cry.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What are LODs and how do i upgrade them?

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I agree, the NSX is so fun to drive and would love to be able to run it with a full pack of cars of similar performance (track pace not fps, lol).
    Are there any cars of the same pace coming?

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Level of detail. The modeler, Some1, made the highest detailed version of the car. Usually a car will have about four which are rendered at different points since the car doesn't always need to be rendered with the most detail.

His car was ported to rf2 and released as 3PA, but much like a large portion of content, received no further support.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay Thanks but the NSX doesn't even look that great compared to some other cars (original or mod), the level of detail on something like the Stock cars or GT3 cars seem alot better to look at. Its just the NSX drives so nicely.
    Even enabling lod in the tuning page makes no difference (to me).

10. Comante

Comante Registered

As other have said, the model has a very high polygon count, and no optimization levels, so no difference can be expected. Maybe, being a 3PA release, someone could take the effort to optimize it, and let S397 release it as an update.

Mikk Quickmikk and 2ndLastJedi like this.