Weird sound

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nismogtr, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Hello all. Yesterday I bought rF2, put some mods in and try on a training session with the new Nissan GT500 Bathurst track. First thing I was surprised with the interior sound. It's like I'm in my bathroom. So I double check my audio settings in game and Windows (7 64bits), stereo 2 speakers, just fine. So I don't understand why this weird sound.
    I have this problem only un rF2, not in Automobilista, Raceroom or Assetto Corsa.

Thanks

2. stonec

stonec Registered

The sound sample for GT500 is recorded by a modder, it's not very high quality. Nothing wrong on your PC. If you want good sound, I recommend testing the other Nissan, Nissan GT-R GT1.

3. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Thank you for your reply. I will try with the Nissan GT-R GT1 as you said and other cars. Maybe should I fine tune the reverb setting on an .ini file but which one ?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Nismogtr keep in mind if the car sample is 'bad', settings won't help. All you might do is kill a good reverb effect in all other cars that otherwise sound fine. (and if the 'bad sample' has reverb in it, reverb settings won't reduce it)

5. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Thank you @Lazza I think you're right. I'll try for few laps but I'll stay with the original settings and wait for an update of the mod.