EGT On Bathurst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yuriznikov, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Hi!

I was testing yesterday and was wondering if there was any way to turn down the drama level for the ISI Bathurst 2014 track racing the EGT's with AI.

I was running a grid of 25 cars and while the start was a little hectic (with a few cars pitting for damage) it seemed that probably almost every lap after that a car would visit the pits due to a missing part/panel haha.

I was running AI on 102%, with aggression set at 25%. (dry conditions ~25 celsius)
    Lowering the aggression to about 15% helped a little bit as they didnt seem to kill eachother in the mountain part as much. Damage was set at 75%, i changed that to 50% which helped a little bit too.
    Theres still a little too many incidents for my liking, and was wondering if anyone had a succes formula that works with these cars on this track.

I know races here are generally alot of yellow flags and crashes due to the walls being so close but this seemed a little bit unrealistic..

Maybe its the EGT's and other mods work fine, i really want to race some GT cars around this track (against AI).

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Is this for the next stream? ;)

I think you could go even lower on the aggression - I believe this was debated a lot when the track was just released. It was advised to generally not go over 25% aggression at all... Try 5% maybe?

3. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Hahaha, you're around here as well obviously ;)

But yes, might get a stream going sometime and do a few hours on that track, i'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled next month so might need a good timekiller! :p

Going to put the aggression a little lower then, guess that won't really harm the pace of the AI too much.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Make sure you qualify as fast AI coming through the field could cause a few crashes :)

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  5. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Yeah i usually run quali's as the AI does sort itself out a little better
    I ran a test race yesterday of about 30 minutes at 5% aggression but there still seem to be a fair amount of spins/incidents almost every lap (specially downhill).
    Thinking it might also be the cars they can't really deal with all too well, gonna try another GT mod sometime and see if their behaviour is better.

MarcG likes this.
  6. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

sounds like a simulation of real life to me given the number of incidents at Bathurst 12 hour haha

no help I know...