[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Silvanob2

Silvanob2 Registered

@mr_belowski and @The Iron Wolf and Gongo, you guys are fantastic, crewchief is better than ever and now covering a lot of sims !!
    Thank you for your commitment for the community :)

2. Sparten

Sparten Registered

Good job :) @The Iron Wolf
    just 1 thing, can you please include a link to the .dll source code for thos who are paranoid.

[EDIT]
    Disregard, didn't spot that the .dll it had its own thread.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  3. jefcam

jefcam Registered

My friend 'Iron Wolf' has worked tough and invested much time to come up with this first version of CC for rFactor2.

I'm sure that in the near future he will expand this amazing plugin to support further events.

In the meantime it is very important to stick and concentrate in what we have right now to check that everything is working fine.

Thanks IronWolf

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Another one for the list: I got a "that's it buddy, race over, good job" (or something to that effect) as soon as the leading AI car took the chequered flag. At that point I was 35 seconds behind the leader.

5. Jego

Jego Registered

Great add-on!
    Has anyone tried if it survives driver swaps?

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I only started using this the other day with Raceroom and it's simply great, especially for VR it comes in handy as you can get rid of the un-realistic HUD screens and have a proper Crew Chief giving you gaps, lap times and the Spotter should you wish to have that turned on. I'm so happy it's been brought to RF2 ready in time for VR as well, thanks to all involved in this superb app, I look forward to future enhancements :)

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on this. What race was this, timed or laps? How long, laps, time? How many AI's? What series, what track?

I would like to ask if someone reports a bug or a suspected issue, include above details.

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I highly doubt it :D but we'd get there at some point.

emha76 likes this.
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

If you have technical suggestions wrt CC or plugin, they're welcome, ping me via PM :)

10. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thank You guys!

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Still lots of work to do on this - we're looking into proper yellow flag / full course yellow events and stuff at the moment, and I have a long list of AI driver names to record. So expect lots of progress over the next few weeks :)

12. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Please provide a paypal link, you guys deserve a beer!

Associat0r likes this.
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Check Crew Chief main thread :)

14. ApexMaster

ApexMaster Registered

I am having issues getting to work, I have installed speech recognition, see image of screw chief. it detects my voice and does command. but in game either AC, or RF2 nothing happens. IN RF2 i did turn off spotter like it said above. still nothing in Crew chief under available actions , why everything is not assigned? see image

Attached Files:

15. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

First and foremost, I like Crew Chief better than Gerald's spotter. But I have a couple of things I need to fix for my personal use. FIrst, I have my own set of drivers. I already figured out if I put their names in names.txt and put wav files in with their names, that will work just fine. It's a bit of work. I use vocalware.com and capture the audio to a file and then "fix" it in Audacity with a little high band and amplify. Now, I want to "fix/Americanize" the stuff in the voice folder. I've noticed there can be a variable number of wav files in the folders within there. Is there any minimum or maximum number of files? Can there be just one? Can there be six? Or seven? For sure, there just has to be a "c'mon, man" in the pearls_of_wisdom folder. Mostly, I just don't like the Australian accent and I don't like being constantly called "mate." One last question, the existing wav files are trimmed very close...very tight. Is there a reason for that?

16. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

Hey cobber, what is wrong with the Australian accent? ;);););):)

@BoothJoe

JimmyT likes this.
  17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Aussie? Heh, I'm a Yorkshireman, mate ;)

There can be any number of wav files in each folder, but there should be a least one.

They're trimmed tight because they are sometimes combined into sentences so having silence in them ruins the overall effect.

ApexMaster - I'm not sure I understand your issue. With the rf2 plugin installed and rf2 selected in Crew chief, do you hear any radio messages?

18. Sparten

Sparten Registered

Please dont force me. :p

JimmyT likes this.
  19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

USF2000 championship class, Tiger Moth R2, 5 laps, 29 AI plus myself.

Crew chief reports my race as being over as soon as the leader crosses the line at the end of the 5th lap. He does not say anything when I cross the line.

Also, when I do a personal best lap time during the race, this is called out wrong. He calls my PB "the fastest lap in my class", even though that is incorrect (an AI car had set the best lap time of the class at that point).

20. ApexMaster

ApexMaster Registered

no thing at all, I dot hear anything I made sure I fallowed instruction to the t. also I tried in all Sim like Race room, AC and RF2, I get nothing