Released Latest Update: Nissan GT500 2013 v1.2 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

So if cars can be released with templates, then having a set of default setups iRacing/nr2003 style is achievable?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm getting sound from both, but the bulk of the engine noise seems to come from my left speaker....tire scrub etc came from my right speaker. I was just about to thrash my windows sound settings til I saw your post....

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I would agree, if the exhaust of the Nissan GT500 would be on the rear ;) but it isn`t...
    nissan_500_exhaust_01.jpg
    By the way, there is something wrong with the backfire gfx/gmt?
    nissan_500_exhaust_02.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same here. Will wait for tonight and see something is alive :)

bwana likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

First blush....thanks for listening to US! That is more in-line with what I was hoping to experience. There seem to be several AURAL experts in this thread...please keep them in the loop for testing and future enhancements.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The left side only engine sound "MAY" be due to the engine.ini file and the origination of the sound. I'm rusty with the numbers, but it looks like the engine sound is Centered right on the center line of the car. At first, this would make sense, but the driver sits off to the right. Locating the origination of the sound closer to the steering wheel position might balance out the speakers. When I tried to test this...admittedly my first foray into the mas file editor for rF2, my edit didn't work and I ended up with the original 1.0 sounds again. So...perhaps somebody more familiar with editing rF2 can test this to see if the engine sounds can be balanced out a little more.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah, there appears to be a problem with the stereo sound on parts of the engine sounds of this car. When you send mono sound to speakers that assume stereo output, sound will only be produced on the left side. As a workaround I figured you can use "single speaker" setting from audio settings, though this may cut off other audio information.

EDIT: nevermind, there is sound on both sides, just not equal, so you were probably right about asymmetric engine position being the cause. I don't think it matters where the driver sits, because lots of rF2 cars have driver on left/right side, and none has this problem.

MaD_King likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Physics are super duper
    Sound needs a fix
    Thanks for great update

9. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Install seems to be working for me.

The Steam Workshop folder only shows v 1.2 now.
    The Installed folder shows both 1.0 and 1.2 folders (files are present for both versions)
    In game, v1.2 is the only version appearing in the menus.

bwana likes this.
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

After the update i have v1.2, only, in my Vehicle folder.

bwana likes this.
  11. bwana

bwana Registered

At work now, will have to check in the morning when I get home ,thanks

12. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

The sound is better but I'm a little disappointed, given the current standards of other sim it will have to make a real effort on the sound!
    It's not really that...

ther sound is more brutal in video and more dark, not in game!

RaceNut, gpfan, Badboy and 1 other person like this.
  13. felirrari

felirrari Registered

rFactor2 needs an update in its sound system. This sound update for this car, as said before, it's better but still disappointing. Raceroom is a reference in this aspect.

RaceNut and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I looked at the Enduroracers ASTON DB9 files and they did not have the engine sound centered. Both rF1 and 2 have the ability to locate the sound origination point. The problem with placing the sound exactly in the center is that assumes the engine is only 1mm wide. By moving the sound origination to a point similar to where the steering wheel is...(and this doesn't matter right or left steering) you get your ears (represented by the speakers) hearing the all encompassing sound of the engine noises. Some speaker systems may separate the stereo differently than others so this type of problem (as is almost ALWAYS the case with PC's) may not be apparent to everyone.

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Have nothing to do with "sound system"! It´s all about samples, theyre quality and how to place them.

Besides that, I find the new sound also a little bit strange, or I have to get used to it because noone sat actually in that car to hear how it sounds in reality to the driver. And it is a thousand times said now (what is 200% true!) that the crappy oncam microphone used in onboard videos are not able to grab the sound with it´s dynamics to a useful degree.
    That could also be the reason because we hear no tranny-whine-sounds ingame, but in this vid.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, it does sound like a bucket of bolts at idle and then smooth-out to a more normal engine sound at speed. I stand corrected. The rF2 sound is more accurate, it's just the car itself that is a horrible audio experience. Glad I'm not having to race one. But since we're all authenticity freaks, I better shut up now.

But peterchen's comments are similar to mine. The visceral "full" sound you get in real life is not available in a YouTue video or from an crap on-board cam system. I bet this car has a truly scary sound in real life, which partially compensates for the grating nature of it. Basically, what I already said above, so sorry I will shut up about this and not say more :)

17. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I am of the same opinion as your 1st post, except for ams I think raceroomracing does better than iracing or ams sound level, rf2 must take this one as standard in my opinion!
    i'm sorry for my bad english...o_O

18. TJones

TJones Registered

I think the sounds are matching pretty well to those obove in the video. Of course there is still room for improvement for example a bit of variance in loudness, with different throttle pos. and changing revs. Gear whine could be also a tad louder, especially while coasting to lower revs. But it's definately a good improvement already.
    Two additional tyre sets! I like the soft's, they give me that additional grip i missed in the former version.
    I also like those illuminating digits, looks very nice in the dark.:)

For me, a very good update, thank you guys !

19. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Has everyone painted a skin? Just made a all black Nissan and it looks a bit crazy as if the template doesn't fit to the car. Can anyone confirm this?
    Cheers

20. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Sound levels and channels seems "broken", at least in my opinion.
    most of the sound in the cockpit seems to go trough left channel (like there is no stereo effect for the engine sound - very annoying because it feels like your right ear is deaf).
    the overall volume level/body is very tiny (like the engine sound is not coming from your car) compared to other cars. For example switch from GT500 to Nissan GT-R GT1 with the same volume level. GT1 is very noisy/angry when pushing the throttle and also provides surround effect of the engine roaring from left and right, while G500 - muted.

I have also noticed that AI slides quite a lot with this car, especially when braking and very often spins when touches the kerbs. Was it like that before?

Other than that GT500 model looks nice.