rFactor 2 not starting, [JSON] failed to perform

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xG4bby_o0x, Feb 2, 2017.

1. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

after i installed the game i had a problem with my wheel so i started a thread and i got instructions how to fix it so i changed som nnumbers in the controller file but now my game doesnt start anymore. the launxher works but after clicking on the helmet it sasy [JSON] failed to perform, unsupported type i deleted thefiles i changed and installed new ones bbut it didnt change so i re-installed the game but i´ve still the same issue

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

To edit json files, would be better to use notepad++. Windows notepad or other txt file editors doing sometimes strange things while saving those files. As i have seen some user in trouble after the latest update with av false alerts, could it be in your case, too, that a desktop av is blocking rf2 files?

3. stonec

stonec Registered

This happens typically if you have edited JSON files manually, which is not a good idea unless you know exactly what you are doing. The solution is basically to delete any JSON file that causes the problem and let rF2 regenerate a fresh one (it can be any of player/controller/multiplayer/etc. JSON).

4. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

now i reistalled the game and i can start it but it seems like my wheel (logitech g29) isn´t recognized by the game

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

There was no need to reinstall it. Seems you are first acting and then reading.....:p

And no Jürgen, windows-notepad doesn´t do any strange things to .JSON or other files.
    Edited them thousand´s of times and never had a problem.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  6. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

i reinstalled it becaus i deleted some days ago all files i changed and there was no diffrence so i reinstalled it before i read the post but the download last some hours

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Json can get corrupted during crash. Best to keep backups and restore on problems.

8. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

now it works thanks :DD